Johnny Rockets Menu?

I don't think I understand why Johnny Rockets seem to be so popular either. I mean, I love my burgers, fries, and onion rings too but I can't imagine wasting stomach space on a cruise for something that will fill you up so fast. Especially for something you can get on land too. But with that said, does anyone wanna convince me to try Johnny Rockets on my next cruise? What makes it special to you?

1. The atmosphere.

2. The 50's soda jerk type outfits they wear.

3. The juke boxes on each table.

4. Oh and the food.

As to why people go there? For fun! I am planning on going on my upcoming cruise with my best friend, because why not? It's $10 for both of us! I can't even eat the burgers (no meat for me), but endless onion rings and fries and delicious apple pie seems totally worth my $5. :)

Don't fret. Here you go.

STREAMLINER® (100% Soy Boca® Burger) Our award winning

meat-free hamburger features grilled onions, shredded lettuce,

fresh tomato, pickles & mustard

I don't think I understand why Johnny Rockets seem to be so popular either. I mean, I love my burgers, fries, and onion rings too but I can't imagine wasting stomach space on a cruise for something that will fill you up so fast. Especially for something you can get on land too. But with that said, does anyone wanna convince me to try Johnny Rockets on my next cruise? What makes it special to you?

I go to a Johnny Rockets near my house on a regular basis. The burgers are quite good there, and while the french fries are frozen, they are still good with steam melted cheddar cheese. OTOH, while the view on the JR's on cruise ships are better (at least on the ships where it faces out), the burgers are a pale comparision. They are frozen hockey pucks precooked a very well done. I am not paying that kind of extra money for dried out frozen hamburgers.

I am more someone who loves to eat good food, and will not tolerate unacceptable food, when other food is available.

I have told my wife that our next cruise on Oct 20th on the Allure we are not going to eat lunch or dinner at JRs because of the pretty mediocre food we have had on JRs before. She does not believe me, but I think I can stick to my vow.

We got a free meal at JR from our Travel Agent (among other things) so we will be indulging because it is free! Not sure if we would do it if we had to pay extra for it though. Guess I will have to wait for a future cruise when we don't have the same perk to determine that!

Archived