Johnny Rockets Menu?

What makes it special to you?

Ive only been once on Freedom of the Seas. The only ship I have sailed so far that has a JR's. It was a fun atmosphere and a little better food than what was available in the WJ. I had to have my cheeseburger fix and the WJ burgers just werent able to give me that. The endless onion rings and fries were great too and the apple pie ala mode was out of this world good. Much better than ANY dessert available in the MDR.

My mom had the chicken club sandwich and loved it. It must have been pretty good as she is kinda picky about her food.

We enjoyed our meal. Im a huge MDR fan and like the food there but Johnny Rockets was one of our better meals we had all week.

How far in advance do you need to book, or can you just turn up and see if a table is free ?

Our experience has been that you can just show up, except if the last day of the cruise is a sea day, in which case it seems everyone shows up that day for lunch.

How far in advance do you need to book, or can you just turn up and see if a table is free ?

We went on a port day while we were in St Thomas so it was pretty slow and we just showed up. I dont think reservations are required but there may be a wait depending on when you go.

As to why people go there? For fun! I am planning on going on my upcoming cruise with my best friend, because why not? It's $10 for both of us! I can't even eat the burgers (no meat for me), but endless onion rings and fries and delicious apple pie seems totally worth my $5. :)

You're in luck! The menu says they do a Boca burger, so there is a vegetarian version if you want one. I agree that sometimes fries, onion rings and apple pie just hits the spot, though.

We are Australian & tried JR's once on Voyager, the BLT I had was very average but the shake was excellent flavour wise & so were the onion rings. I heard the burgers were nice enough but I didn't go there again to try one.

But the sad reality is that this is the page that not enough regular JR users bother to read http://www.johnnyrockets.com/menu/nutrition-calculator.html

One meal at JR's can blow your daily calorie requirements, plus the saturated fat & sodium levels that are through the roof, it's quite a shocker when just a little plate of onion rings can set you back 880 calories.:eek:

It really is the most crap food nutritionally, heart attack on a plate sort of stuff, but nice for a treat once in a very long while.:)

Yeh, I know, I'm a party pooper! :D

I love that my calorie intake is whatever the heck I want it to be. I work out so I can eat and drink whatever I want (within reason) without a guilty conscious or society trying to force one on me. What is going to kill you faster... a nice big juicy burger, or the stress of counting calories and freaking out about eating onion rings. :)

My 13-year old son was a regular at Johnny Rockets and enjoyed chatting with the staff while he waited for his milkshake to go! After the disappointing milkshake at Ben & Jerry's, he visited Johnny Rockets each evening for his "evening cocktail". They really are yummy!! We also ate dinner there on formal night and it was a treat.

You can just show up whenever. We did it on Freedom on a Sea Day and were told there was a wait for the inside but if you want to sit outside there was no wait at the time.

I'd encourage anyone trying JR's for the first time just to go for a single patty burger. I had a two patty burger and it was just too messy, falling apart. I mean the food is good, don't get me wrong, but two pattys is just too much. I do love their Onion Rings though. It sucks there are no JR in my area of Canada. Its one of those things I'll have to eat wehn I cruise I suppose$

We are Australian & tried JR's once on Voyager, the BLT I had was very average but the shake was excellent flavour wise & so were the onion rings. I heard the burgers were nice enough but I didn't go there again to try one.

But the sad reality is that this is the page that not enough regular JR users bother to read http://www.johnnyrockets.com/menu/nutrition-calculator.html

One meal at JR's can blow your daily calorie requirements, plus the saturated fat & sodium levels that are through the roof, it's quite a shocker when just a little plate of onion rings can set you back 880 calories.:eek:

It really is the most crap food nutritionally, heart attack on a plate sort of stuff, but nice for a treat once in a very long while.:)

Ok, that's twice in one week I've been talked out of some good food. The first was Five Guys when I read the calorie count and now Johnny Rocket's. I thought I was always being so smart getting onion rings instead of fries.

I'll just put it out of mind and avoid the occasion of sin!

Ok, that's twice in one week I've been talked out of some good food. The first was Five Guys when I read the calorie count and now Johnny Rocket's. I thought I was always being so smart getting onion rings instead of fries.

I'll just put it out of mind and avoid the occasion of sin!

LOL, don't let it deter you from having a once now & again indulgence.

It's only when you eat this sort of stuff frequently & the rest of your daily diet is a large proportion of garbage food (soda, take away, crisps, basically non natural foods) that you need to be concerned.

:)

I love that my calorie intake is whatever the heck I want it to be. I work out so I can eat and drink whatever I want (within reason) without a guilty conscious or society trying to force one on me. What is going to kill you faster... a nice big juicy burger, or the stress of counting calories and freaking out about eating onion rings. :)

Good on you Coov, good that you work out, but nobody is trying to force anyone to do anything, & if you are into health & fitness you also know that all foods/calories are not equal.;)

Not everyone is as aware that what they are eating or how much of it they are eating is the reason they are obese or infertile, have T2 diabetes etc. So it's responsible to provide the info so people can make informed decisions as it seems by the ever growing obesity associated health issues in our Western culture that the message isn't getting through.

You can work out all day long but if you eat JR's or similar as a regular part of your diet you can still give yourself heart disease, diabetes etc.

The whole fat is bad for you story isn't correct either, it's what types of fats you consume that makes the difference. The bad fats, sugars & sodium (salt) in JR's isn't good, it's not just the calories.

The body needs certain macro nutrients to function correctly, it's not just the calories in foods that are important, but a lot of people just understand the calorie explanation better so it's easier to explain it that way.

I don't count calories at all, but maintain a healthy weight range & just as importantly obtain the essential nutrients my body needs to stay healthy, not just to keep weight off.

I indulge in & enjoy the odd unhealthy food here & there, (choc biscuits, cake, take away, hot chips etc) but the rest of my daily diet is very good (it includes lots of natural veg, quality proteins, low GI rye bread, healthy fats, raw nuts, oat bran, black/brown rice, water, water, water)

Just had a check up yesterday & my blood pressure was 120/71 which is text book perfect, especially for a middle aged person in our Western society.

Basically, all I'm saying is if you indulge on a short 5 day cruise at JR's but the rest of the year you are eating well, & you are not already overweight or obese then it won't be a major issue. But knowing what is in the food you are eating can help you make better choices & also maybe choose not to eat everything on the plate just because you can.

A healthy lifestyle is about forming good habits, portion control & conscious eating are part of that process.

I would rather share info that can affect peoples health than encourage those that may be already unhealthy to just ignore the realities.

JR's & similar foods should be a treat, not a regular part of anyone's diet.:) That's all.

How much is it if you stop by only for a milkshake?

Do you mean price wise? I think it's just the same cover charge regardless of it you have a shake or everything on the menu.

If you are a C&A member you may get a free shake coupon or 2 from memory.

You pay for shakes whether you eat in or not. The cover charge does not include shakes or sodas. If you are a C&A member you may get a BOGO coupone. I am not sure at what level that you receive that.

Gold level and above. :)

Some of us don't care or aren't into the low fat lies. I eat mine on a whole wheat bun on land or whole wheat bread. When I keep my sugar down, my cholesterol is wonderful.

However on a cruise many people ( myself included) are more active than they are at home, so a meal or two like that will not have that big of an impact.

And that burger on the WJ has the same calorie content without the taste.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How much is it if you stop by only for a milkshake?

If you only want a milkshake, tell them up front, otherwise they will serve fries and onion rings when they seat you and you will be in the hook for the cover charge.

If you only want a milkshake, tell them up front, otherwise they will serve fries and onion rings when they seat you and you will be in the hook for the cover charge.

When I have seen people only get shakes, they tell them at the greeters desk and go right in to the seating bar area where they wait while they are being made. I think it is between $3.50-$4.

They have great peanut butter shakes by the way.:)

Archived