Johnny Rockets Menu?

Basically, all I'm saying is if you indulge on a short 5 day cruise at JR's but the rest of the year you are eating well, & you are not already overweight or obese then it won't be a major issue. But knowing what is in the food you are eating can help you make better choices & also maybe choose not to eat everything on the plate just because you can.

A healthy lifestyle is about forming good habits, portion control & conscious eating are part of that process.

I would rather share info that can affect peoples health than encourage those that may be already unhealthy to just ignore the realities.

JR's & similar foods should be a treat, not a regular part of anyone's diet.:) That's all.

I just hate it when people think they can tell me what I should or should not eat.

I have T2 diabetes but not insulin dependent. Explain to me after losing 75lbs why I am still diabetic? Its called genes. My dad had it and passed it on. And I work out regularly and don't eat sugar. Had my blood pressure check today and it was also 120/71 and for a diabetic that's excellent. I do indulge now and then.

I had my physical yesterday and told my dr to look and see I had lost 20 pounds in two years. Pretty good for me, I thought. He looked me in the eye and said "So by the time you 're 90 you'll be almost at your ideal weight". At least on the Oasis I'll be forced to walk farther.

When I have seen people only get shakes, they tell them at the greeters desk and go right in to the seating bar area where they wait while they are being made. I think it is between $3.50-$4.

They have great peanut butter shakes by the way.:)

You can get them to go and also use your BOGO coupon..DH has done this.

can't wait to try this, from escargot to burgers my holiday is for me to relax, I don't really thank about what I eat on holiday, my stress levels and all my anxieties completely disappear when that anchor is lifted, that must be good for my blood pressure

My husband is a very plain eater (meat and potatoes please). He is the type of person that eats to live rather than me - definitely live to eat (so sad ;) ) He does ok in the MDR but since our second cruise with a JR onboard he found his indulgence and I suffer in silence.. I mean enjoy every bite with him.

I have a mixed marriage,too. We look like Jack Sprat and his wife. However, he won't eat in Johnny Rockets because of the extra charge. Says he finds plenty to eat without paying for it. Last time we ate in Chops, he said the MDR food was just as good and he was done with Chops. Well, in October he's going to eat there one more time like it or not. Or he can sit and watch me eat.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if JR is open on embarkation day (on Liberty of the seas)? Just wondering if it's worth heading there instead of fighting through the crowds at the windjammer! :)

Johnny Rockets will most likely be closed until later in the day on embarkaton day. At least it was on Freedom. Seems like it opened at 5pm

Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade are good alternatives for lunch the first day.

Cannot see what the appeal for going here is......:confused:

Cheese Burger and Cheese Fries, then finishing it off with a Chocolate Malted. It's American food at it's best . :D:D

Someone asked if Johnny Rockets was open on Embarkation day for lunch. Not sure if it was was answered. Yes it is. It opens at 11:30AM according to a "Cruise Compass" I found a link to .

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3WuhccxbEjJRkxjcjFLb0Q5TGM&usp=sharing

Cheese Burger and Cheese Fries, then finishing it off with a Chocolate Malted. It's American food at it's best . :D:D

Someone asked if Johnny Rockets was open on Embarkation day for lunch. Not sure if it was was answered. Yes it is. It opens at 11:30AM according to a "Cruise Compass" I found a link to .

That cruise compass is from the Allure, the poster was asking about Liberty. Allure and Oasis tend to have different opening times for restaurants than other ships in the fleet. Johnny Rockets usually opens at 5pm on boarding day from our experience on other ships.

I dont see that part of the Compass posted anywhere in that link. :)

Maybe it differs from ship to ship but Johnny Rockets DEFINITELY was not open for lunch on embarkation day on Freedom. :)

The OP ask about Liberty though. Maybe someone that has sailed Liberty lately will know for sure.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

NP:)

On the Allure compasses that are linked, page 5 of 8 shows the restaurant opening times.

I just pulled out my compasses from our August 25th Freedom cruise and Johnny Rockets opened at 5pm, like you saw too.

Edit: ALso, just pulled out Mariner compasses from two different cruises and it opened at 5:30pm.

Archived