Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Anybody else in the UK just been watching "A Very British Airline" on BBC2.

Great to watch mixed fleet in training. Will Jody Paris get her fourth and final ....:)

I thought Jody was more Easy jet than BA.

Can you imagine her serving the LPGS in First :eek:

She has to be out next week surely?

Jody was quite entertaining and determined so l do hope she makes it,

S :)

I daren't watch it....winds me up too much!!

At least we have Jody to look forward to this evening

S

Going ... going ..... gone! All because she forgot to put her lippy on ... silly girl.

BA Pilot training at Cranebank Simulators next week if anyone is interested in seeing it before they buy an hour or two ....

Perhaps we should have a CC day!

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
spelling

Aww....poor Jody:rolleyes: she looked as though she really didn't care this time and as us ladies know....lippy is most important!

Looking forward to the pilot episode next week, have always said I would be more relaxed flying if l could sit next to the captain! ;)

S :)

We have seen the burgers recently,they must be a favourite or you are running out of ideas.

What's the booze like,is it strong? 4.9%vol

The beer is wonderful. We've been drinking this as our house lager/pilsner type for some years.

What has made it slightly problematic was a couple of years ago, I discovered a few forgotten boxes around 18 months past their use by date in the garage. I stuck a couple in the fridge for a few days just because I'm inquisitive ..and opened it and it has the most wonderful very close mousse head. Gorgeous. It tastes just like a perfect draft beer. So now we're stuck with laying down beer. It is the most wonderful, wonderful beer and nothing else seems to do ....

The other issue is that the only convenient way of buying it is from Majestic and you have to buy some wine from them .... However they do think I'm daft when I ask if they can give me the oldest stock they have.

The beer is wonderful. We've been drinking this as our house lager/pilsner type for some years.

What has made it slightly problematic was a couple of years ago, I discovered a few forgotten boxes around 18 months past their use by date in the garage. I stuck a couple in the fridge for a few days just because I'm inquisitive ..and opened it and it has the most wonderful very close mousse head. Gorgeous. It tastes just like a perfect draft beer. So now we're stuck with laying down beer. It is the most wonderful, wonderful beer and nothing else seems to do ....

The other issue is that the only convenient way of buying it is from Majestic and you have to buy some wine from them .... However they do think I'm daft when I ask if they can give me the oldest stock they have.

I have a majestic a mile or two away,they let me buy anything without a minimum which they used to enforce.

I think they like the business,they have a deal on Bollinger at the moment,it is my house Champagne and the price cannot be beaten

I might try a bottle of the beer although I am not really a beer drinker

I might have the odd Peroni in hot weather.

I really hope you try the Paulaner Hell. It really is a perfect draft beer in a bottle.

Last time they ran out at Salisbury and sent a van all the way down to Exeter to bring some to us. I really have a fear they may de stock it though. Really freeze it down to around 2 or 3.

I really hope you try the Paulaner Hell. It really is a perfect draft beer in a bottle.

Last time they ran out at Salisbury and sent a van all the way down to Exeter to bring some to us. I really have a fear they may de stock it though. Really freeze it down to around 2 or 3.

Thanks,I will try it as the weather is warm.

It will keep me away from the G and T

Have you tried the Pimms blackberry and elderflower limited edition?

Also Hestons fruit cup is good

Thanks,I will try it as the weather is warm.

It will keep me away from the G and T

Have you tried the Pimms blackberry and elderflower limited edition?

Also Hestons fruit cup is good

Haven't tried that ... we're down in Devon next week so if it's balcony weather I'll get some delivered We quite like Pimms as long as it is appropriately "reinforced".

Haven't tried that ... we're down in Devon next week so if it's balcony weather I'll get some delivered We quite like Pimms as long as it is appropriately "reinforced".

What might you use to reinforce it?

Hendricks,Tanqueray,Sipsmith?

You cannot beat an Oily Prat and Gin! The Negresco taught me how to do it "Very Dry"

No booze for us today as it's blood test day tomorrow. Mustn't give them any excuse to give me my annual life-style lecture.

You have a little blood in your alcohol stream?

Looks like something a Silversea crew member might store in his cabin.:eek:

They have a song below stairs for this ....:p

I love a Kebaby, a bonnie, bonnie Kebaby

She's as pure as the lily in the dell

She's as sweet as the heather

The bonnie purple heather

Mary, ma Scotch bluebell

I love a Kebaby, a bonnie Heiland Kebaby

If you saw her you would fancy her as well

I met her in September, popped the question in November

So soon I'll ha'e her to myself

Her faither has consented, so I'm feelin' quite contented

Cause I've been and sealed the bargain wi' a kiss

I sit and weary, weary, when I think about my dearie

And you'll always hear me singing this

I love a Kebaby, a bonnie Hieland Kebaby

She can warble like a blackbird in the dell

She's an angel ev'ry Sunday, but a jolly lass on Monday

She's as modest as her namesake the bluebell

She's nice, she's meat, she's tidy and I meet her ev'ry Friday

That's a special nicht, you bet, I never miss

I'm enchanted, I'm enraptured since ma heart the darlin' captured

She's intoxicated me with bliss

They have a song below stairs for this ....:p

You're coming over all Andy Stewart on us now.

Next you'll be roamin in the gloamin

Reminds me of that old Peter mandleson gag.

It's better to have peat in the bog than heather on the moor. :p

Edited by Mr Luxury

You're coming over all Andy Stewart on us now.

Next you'll be roamin in the gloamin

Reminds me of that old Peter mandleson gag.

It's better to have peat in the bog than heather on the moor. :p

And on the sartorials, Andy was in fact a Mandy 'cos 'e wore a SKIRT!!! :D

Help me with this Junckers stuff. You are a man of letters.

I'm getting a bit confused about this Europe malarkey.

As I understand it, Europe use to be about a common market. We all sold stuff to each other with a nod and a wink – stuff kept under the counter for favoured customers - and kept the foreign riff raff out.

But now it is about making sure that there are no more wars like WW1 and WW2. As I understand it this basically means stopping Germany doin' a third one and in particular stopping them wanting to take over and stealing everyone else’s turf. Bleedin' good idea. So we need the EU to protect us from Germany. So that is why we need this Junckers bloke to bring us all under one roof. He can make all of us into one country rather than lot's of separate ones. And if we are one country, then that means we can't steall countries from each other and keeps Germany out - with one Guvner. Obvious 'innit.

So some of us idiots don't want it. In fact it seems – most of the citizens of Europe don't want it ... bleedin' morons. That's how they voted. So who is going to force this on us? This bloke Junckers who is going to make us all one big country with one government getting rid of all those bent cucumbers and wobbly bananas etc. So it seems that none of us people want this bloke Junckers. Except our rulers and betters. They know best. So who is going to decide this for us and tell us what happens next. Merkel. She's bleedin' Germany ain't she!!!!

So have I got this right. Germany is protecting us from Germany by bringing us all under German control.

:confused:

Nein, Nein, NEIN!

Well scuse me sir if I beg to differ.

You see sir, I am but a mere crude country lad with no lernin as such. But I do knows what is right and what is wrong sir.

It seems to me that this Junckers and Merkel they is pompus and pompus is dangrus. It also seems to me sir that I ave met many pompus people and one thing they all ave in common is that they do not think they are pompus but believe they are instead always right and others oo differ are always wrong sir. This is wot I no.

And it duz seem to me sir that in tellin me wot is wot their pompus has got bigger and as there dangrus.

I do not want pompous sir. Not of the hun type. I want me wobbly cucmber instead.

:)