So disappointed

Cruisin 4 Ever

Not being judgemental only pointing out it is human nature when things are in limited supply...and as I said great for shade for babies and seniors...but have a look at this video and see how many people are actually in the Cabana's ...I've been there and have seen first hand that very few actually sit in them...

I remember Cassandra posting this video. Looks to me like there is hardly anybody sitting in the chairs either. I think this video was taken early or late in the day and is not a good reflection of the use of the cabanas.

I have been there and seen it first hand as well and I remember the cabanas getting a lot of use.

Just a quick thought.....I have seen others post that excursions were sold out while checking them through Google Chrome, when they checked with IE the excursions magically were able to be booked. It seems like the CCL website may have some browser compatibility issues. Just a thought.

What do you mean non contributor you have 117 posts and I have 106? like it matters? Hey if you have some seniors in your group than maybe the cabana is a good idea? I just know when I was there last winter all the cabanas were rented but no one was in them everyone was sitting out front of them where the rest of us who didn't pay $230 were. The first off the ship is not really a perk as we had tender tickets # 4 and were on the first tender. Just my opinion but the Cabanas are a cash grab for people who feel the need to have something the commoners don't have ...basic human nature ...but not for me

Wrong again, Daddy. We have also used cabanas so that my sister, who had just completed chemo and had to stay out of the sun, could nonetheless enjoy a day at the beach with the rest of the family. And FYI, "non-contributer" in this instance is someone who is not contributing productively to answering the OP's question. I think posting only to suggest that they are being snobbish or elitist because the lack of a cabana disappoints them qualifies in that category.

I just booked a fantastic looking cruise for January 18th aboard the Liberty. The first thing I did as soon as I booked it was go to the shore excursions to book a cabana at Half moon cay and faster to the fun. Both are sold out!! I'm surprised so early. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a waiting list?

Have you joined our roll call for 1/18/14? Sometimes someone will post if FTTF opens up.

Oops! I posted this (roll call) suggestion before reading to the end.

Wrong again, Daddy. We have also used cabanas so that my sister, who had just completed chemo and had to stay out of the sun, could nonetheless enjoy a day at the beach with the rest of the family. And FYI, "non-contributer" in this instance is someone who is not contributing productively to answering the OP's question. I think posting only to suggest that they are being snobbish or elitist because the lack of a cabana disappoints them qualifies in that category.

Thank you for your comment as it comes back to my original comment! You were lucky enough to have been joined by a family member who beat Cancer that's fantastic. I have a few close people in my life who have done the same and I'm happy for that. I as most have some who didn't but at more than one Funeral I've attended the common thread was "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" and that was what I was trying to say in the original post ..your lucky enough to be healthy and going on a cruise with family and you are So Disappointed ...if that's your biggest problem you should be very thankful

I almost spit my drink out when I read this.

I'm with you on this. How can you be so lame to complain when you don't have a cabana or fttf. You are lucky to be able to go on a great cruise. Don't sit there crying, plan your cruise and have fun and think about those at home who never have the chance to get away.

Just a quick thought.....I have seen others post that excursions were sold out while checking them through Google Chrome, when they checked with IE the excursions magically were able to be booked. It seems like the CCL website may have some browser compatibility issues. Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking...whenever you encounter probs such as pages not opening try, using another browser, or staring a new session with cookies cleared. :)

Archived