Chef's table on Royal

wcflats

When I asked our friends (who were on the Maiden Voyage + Grand Med) what their most memorable thing from the whole trip was, they said the Chef's Table. My DH, who is financially conservative (to say the least), is willing to try it, based on that recommendation. That says a lot, to me.

We did the chefs table on the maiden voyage.

Well worth the extra cost!! Entering the dining room and seeing the table is just a wonderful preview of what is to come. The center of the table is an arrangement of illuminated crystal "fronds". When the "curtain of lights" closes around you ,you forget that there is a dining room around you. Later, when the curtains reopen, the other diners all applaud.

It makes a big difference that you are able to eat in privacy rather than have other diners watching you eat. (no offense to anyone. I have looked at people dining at the chefs table to see what they were eating, etc. LOL Its human nature)

Nancy

Well worth the extra cost!! Entering the dining room and seeing the table is just a wonderful preview of what is to come. The center of the table is an arrangement of illuminated crystal "fronds". When the "curtain of lights" closes around you ,you forget that there is a dining room around you. Later, when the curtains reopen, the other diners all applaud.

It makes a big difference that you are able to eat in privacy rather than have other diners watching you eat. (no offense to anyone. I have looked at people dining at the chefs table to see what they were eating, etc. LOL Its human nature)

Nancy

is the privacy of the chefs table on the new royal princess just a light or an actual wall the comes down? if its a light how are other people not able to see the others at the chefs table?

is the privacy of the chefs table on the new royal princess just a light or an actual wall the comes down? if its a light how are other people not able to see the others at the chefs table?

Hi bellarosa,

The description by Princess Cruises is a 'soft curtain of privacy' as the curtain of light surrounds the Chef's Table Lumiere.

Here are some pictures at the bottom of this page:

http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/index.php/royal-princess/Restaurants?page=2

Chef's Table Lumiere

8993306641_31bb4cb96b_c.jpg

Nancy

Do they still give you a Princess cookbook and group photo of the event?

Hi bellarosa,

The description by Princess Cruises is a 'soft curtain of privacy' as the curtain of light surrounds the Chef's Table Lumiere.

Chef's Table Lumiere

thank you very much!! this is soooo stunning, I hope it will be easy to get a reservation for this. Its not only a light its looks like there is a curtain.....

Hi bellarosa,

Chef's Table Lumiere

also i see that you did the allure like us? how does the new royal princess compare to the allure?

also i see that you did the allure like us? how does the new royal princess compare to the allure?

I'll know in about 118 days when I disbark after my B2B. ;) However, the Allure of the Seas and her sister are unique in the industry and no ships can truly compare. It was mentioned on another thread by someone else who had also cruised Allure that they never seemed to get a change to slow down and relax during their week on her, and I pretty much felt the same way. That's sort of why I booked two weeks on Royal Princess so I can at least take it at a slower pace.

Yes, you still get the cookbook & photo. Also appetizers in galley.

No, it is not easy to get the chefs table. All of the people who did it on the maiden booked it as soon as they got on the pre-maiden (noon for us!)

Nancy

whats the pre-maiden and what time do we have to board??

• 1 month later...
Who do I have to see on board the ship on embark day to get a reservation at the Chef's Table?

Thx

There should be an option on your in-cabin telephone labeled DINE, or a DINE line that you can call from your stateroom. Call them as soon as you embark.

Archived