Question for the 75 plus experienced solo cruisers

Moz

Hi,

I think we found someone to be in her room with her; but that could change! It will make a nice group of 6 of us; 2 in each room; all balconies.

Holland America Alaskan cruise in August. Is anyone interested in sharing with her if the person backs out!? My mother is 80 and in good/fair health for her age....

Hi,

I think we found someone to be in her room with her; but that could change! It will make a nice group of 6 of us; 2 in each room; all balconies.

Holland America Alaskan cruise in August. Is anyone interested in sharing with her if the person backs out!? My mother is 80 and in good/fair health for her age....

it's against terms of service to ask for room mates on Cruise Critic. I'm surprised the original requests weren't deleted.

• 3 weeks later...
Would anyone have a reference for me to contact as I would love to cruise and can't persuade my children to go with me and I am recently widowed. Are there any cruises that have a guide or someone in charge that would look out for someone alone also would arrange a suitable cabin mate to share a room. I have looked online with no luck and trust that someone on this site could steer me to the right direction to a travel site in a sincere and trustworthy manner. Thank you.

Based upon your age, have you researched going on one of the US River Cruises? They cater to a mature traveler. You will likely have more individualized service. They have solo cabins - but the cruises are pricey.

Also, as you would be paying double occupancy for a cabin going solo, is there a younger person (50's or 60's) you know you could invite as a companion to you on a cruise? In exchange for tending to your needs, you would be willing to pay their cruise fare? If not a family member, someone from, for example church or your neighborhood? You might be surprised once you let other know you are looking for a paid traveling companion.