Difference between cruise with Carnival and someone else?

worldchallenge

I've read a lot of negative responses about carnival here. First, carnival doesn't push onboard revenue more than any other line. They all do it; its how they make their money. Second, I've found carnival, royal Caribbean and Norwegian to be about the same as to quality. I like them all, so it comes down to price for me to be able to differentiate. Your experience is subjective,. If money is no factor for you then obviously these 3 lines may feel sub par bc you're used to living more a luxurious lifestyle possibly. I'm not poor and I'm not wealthy, I'm middle class. But I still prefer these 3 lines.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Forums mobile app

:confused: Why does Carnival seem to assume its passenger base can't read? :confused:

We have Fun Times!

Yet, we are constantly blasted with loud announcements about 'What's going on'. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

I donot recall Carnival having significantly more announcements than others -with the exception, of course, of NCL - where they never seemed to stop.

I've read a lot of negative responses about carnival here. First, carnival doesn't push onboard revenue more than any other line. They all do it; its how they make their money. Second, I've found carnival, royal Caribbean and Norwegian to be about the same as to quality. I like them all, so it comes down to price for me to be able to differentiate. Your experience is subjective,. If money is no factor for you then obviously these 3 lines may feel sub par bc you're used to living more a luxurious lifestyle possibly. I'm not poor and I'm not wealthy, I'm middle class. But I still prefer these 3 lines.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Forums mobile app

I don't think anyone was particularly bad-mouthing Carnival -I find them about on a par with Princess, somewhat preferable to Royal Caribbean, and much more so than NCL -- depending on itinerary, I'm likely to sail them again. Generally I prefer HAL and Celebrity, but not to the extent of avoiding Carnival. And, yes, money is a factor, so I have yet to sail a "premium" line.

I donot recall Carnival having significantly more announcements than others -with the exception, of course, of NCL - where they never seemed to stop.

I've read a lot of negative responses about carnival here. First, carnival doesn't push onboard revenue more than any other line. They all do it; its how they make their money.

You obviously aren't very familiar with Celebrity. Only one announcement per day, and that is typically around noon time and by the captain explaining the current location, the weather conditions, and a bit about the next port. Then, thankfully, no more announcements - nada, zip, zero. And you are never accosted to purchase anything, even drinks around the pool. They assume we are adults and can decide on our own if we want more information, or want to purchase something. Sure, they have tables set up with various items from time to time, but you don't get approached by sales persons trying to separate you from your money. THAT makes them more sophisticated, and that is only one reason I would choose Celebrity over Carnival and NCL every time.

You obviously aren't very familiar with Celebrity. Only one announcement per day, and that is typically around noon time and by the captain explaining the current location, the weather conditions, and a bit about the next port. Then, thankfully, no more announcements - nada, zip, zero. .

Actually, those on Celebrity Millennium would have appreciated a few more announcements to let them know what was going on! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

When I was a TA , not too long ago either , Carnival reminded us the they carry more Seniors than any other cruise line.

I believe that is still true or close to it.

Maybe those Seniors are just less sophisticated ? :D

Agreed , Carnival will be close to Luxury after sailing Louis Cruises.

This illustrates how smart companies with sophisticated marketing departments use statistics to fool people. Carnival is so large that they probably have carried more seniors than anybody else, simply because they have carried so many passengers. They have also carried more people who are (fill in the blank with whatever you want) than anybody else. The fact that they have done so means nothing in terms of whether they are a good choice for (fill in the blank). Even though they can claim they have carried more seniors than anybody else, they may carry a lower percentage of seniors than anybody else, and may be a very poor choice for the needs of seniors, but that statement is still true. You have to be careful with claims like that.

Actually, those on Celebrity Millennium would have appreciated a few more announcements to let them know what was going on! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Until the problem occurred, I have no doubt they were quite content with the lack of constant announcements announcing belly flop contests or ways to spend their money. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Really? You bring up a special situation as justification for having dozens of announcements all day long like Carnival and NCL? If this is your argument, then you have clearly lost the debate. :)

Archived