Upgrade question

nicole2380

We booked a guarantee inside cabin. The ship is not full with 30 ocean view and 40 inside cabins still open. Will Carnival give us one of the ocean view rooms if they are still open at the time we set sail? Also will there be an up charge?

Thank you for your time and help in this matter.

We booked a guarantee inside cabin. The ship is not full with 30 ocean view and 40 inside cabins still open. Will Carnival give us one of the ocean view rooms if they are still open at the time we set sail? Also will there be an up charge?

Thank you for your time and help in this matter.

If you book a guarantee room, it will be the category you booked or higher. There are people who book guaranteed insides, that sometimes end up with a balcony.

There is no up charge unless you request an upgraded and are paying for it.....maybe you will get lucky.

If you book a guarantee room, it will be the category you booked or higher. There are people who book guaranteed insides, that sometimes end up with a balcony.

There is no up charge unless you request an upgraded and are paying for it.....maybe you will get lucky.

Thank you for your help.

The good thing is you will be on the ship. Their is nothing wrong with a inside I do it all the time. I like to save the cash and sail more. My son has to have a balcony and sail less. Three yrs ago I was driving to N.O. to get on the ship when Carnival call my cell and give me a free upgrade to a outside cabin. Now that don't happen much

I used to book guarantee cabins (inside) all the time. Usually I got upgraded to an inside cabin on a higher deck. Once or twice I got the least expensive inside cabin. Once I got an obstructed-view balcony.

I'd recommend that you plan on an inside cabin, as that is the most likely. They will try to sell the ocean view and balcony cabins to folks like yourself as paid upgrades, as they like to have some of the least expensive cabins available as long as possible. But, hey, it could be your lucky cruise and you will get a free upgrade right out of the Inside Category and into something better.

Wherever you end up, have a great cruise!

Archived