Your thoughts!!! Arrive POM @ 8:00 a.m. or Noon

QTPieRye

Thanks for your opinions everyone! We've contacted both SAS and QLS, and both pick up at FLL airport around 10:00 and have advised that we would not arrive at the port until around 11:30 - 12:00, depending on the number of stops.

They cannot promise getting there before Noon. Otherwise, we would probably opt to do that; however, since we have FTTF I thought it might be better to do this. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm :D

With FTTF, even if you arrive at noon (unlikely - have done this twice with SAS and was a POM within an hour), you will check in ahead of everyone else, but after Platinum's, Diamond's, and wedding parties (if there are any).

With FTTF, even if you arrive at noon (unlikely - have done this twice with SAS and was a POM within an hour), you will check in ahead of everyone else, but after Platinum's, Diamond's, and wedding parties (if there are any).

Thanks.... did you use SAS from FLL?

I should have added that we will also have to take a taxi from the hotel Saturday morning back to FLL, which will be about $25.00. So it will be the shuttle fare x 2 + $25.00 approximately $55.00. JiffyJeff will take us door to door for less than that, just the two of us.... but yes, at 7 a.m.

For our upcoming cruise, I've found a transportation company that will cut us a deal on our fare from Fort Lauderdale beach to POM if we go early a.m., arriving the POM around 8 a.m. (so they can pick up the disembarking passengers).

It seems like every shuttle service I've found in Fort Laud area departs for POM around 10, and I've read reports that they often make stops on the way. Thus, sometimes you don't arrive to the POM until 11 am to Noon.

Since we purchased FTTF, my first thought was we could arrive at the POM at 8 a.m. and check in our luggage and then have breakfast until FTTF gets called. Just curious what my CC'ers would do?!?!

I would get to FFL at 8:00 am by time you get your luggage it will be about 8:45 or so just eat at the airport and your ride will pick you up at 10:00. I use SAS transportation they are fast and there are no stops you go right to the ship and the price is good. Just Google SAS transportation and go from there.

I personally would not try to get there by 8:00. I think you will be in for a looong wait even with FTTF. We have twice flown into FLL for a cruise out of MIA. Both times we flew in a day early and spent the night at Embassy Suites FLL. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast (cooked to order included with our hotel stay) and SAS would pick us up at 11:00 AM. We made one stop for a pick up at a hotel on one trip and no stops on the other trip. Both times we arrived at POM shortly after 11:30. On one trip there was a short line, on the other we basically walked right on....there was no line.

I would get to FFL at 8:00 am by time you get your luggage it will be about 8:45 or so just eat at the airport and your ride will pick you up at 10:00. I use SAS transportation they are fast and there are no stops you go right to the ship and the price is good. Just Google SAS transportation and go from there.

Last time we used SAS from FLL to POM, they made 1 stop at a hotel :) Was not far from POM, so added about 10 minutes. No biggie!

I should have added that we will also have to take a taxi from the hotel Saturday morning back to FLL, which will be about $25.00. So it will be the shuttle fare x 2 + $25.00 approximately $55.00. JiffyJeff will take us door to door for less than that, just the two of us.... but yes, at 7 a.m.

Sas and Qls will pick you up at the hotel on Sat. AM. You dont have to take a cab to FLL.

Sas and Qls will pick you up at the hotel on Sat. AM. You dont have to take a cab to FLL.

QLS told me that they only pick up from hotels within 3 miles of FLL. Our hotel is 5 miles from airport. I am not sure about SAS.

I have another question.... if we are quoted $15.00 per person and the shuttle has more than 4 people, does the rate get reduced automatically to $13.00 per person? I am going to email SAS and see if they will pick up from our location.

QLS told me that they only pick up from hotels within 3 miles of FLL. Our hotel is 5 miles from airport. I am not sure about SAS.

I have another question.... if we are quoted $15.00 per person and the shuttle has more than 4 people, does the rate get reduced automatically to $13.00 per person? I am going to email SAS and see if they will pick up from our location.

no, it stays $15 regardless how many in the shuttle

I've never understood get to the port early sit and wait, eat another day of the buffet, sit in a room half the size of your hotel room. Vs stay at you hotel 3 more hours, eat breakfast, have a swim, etc.. That sounds more like a vacation to me? I don't count sitting in port for 3 hours a great start to anywhere???? Miami has lots of great restaurants but some prefer the free buffet????? It's vacation????

Archived