When are showtimes on the Marina?

sjde

Our impressions are that they are the same on all ships -- 9:30 or 9:45. (My times are approximate because we don't often go to the shows!)

A 6:30 reservation should be safe. Any later could be marginal. You can always try informing the server that you want to get to the show.

Mura

• 4 weeks later...

Most shows were at 9:30. We went to four "shows" but never lasted more than 10-15 minutes. Was not impressed. Would not book my dinner reservations based on the shows.

Enjoy the culinary expertise of the cruise lines and catch the entertainment at your leisure.

I agree with Mura's timings. Bear in mind it also makes a difference with your table size. If you are dining alone you have more control over the time you spend at the table. With a larger group, assuming they are not planing on see a show, you might find you prefer to linger over dinner and enjoy the food and conversation.

What I am about to say really isn't pertinent to Oceania, but when we did our first QE2 cruise (early 2003, I think) -- NY to Caribbean -- we were in the Caronia restaurant which had somewhat open seating. We were at an assigned table for 6 (we all got along just great) BUT dinner was served, as I recall from 7-9. That's a rough calculation. You could arrive any time within that window for dinner.

If we went in at 7 and told the server we wanted to get to the show, it really didn't help. They would wait until all six of us were at the table. By the time we got to the main course we were all in sync but by then it was too late to make the show because the two other couples arrived between 7:15 and 7:30.

At least on O, when you go in and ask to share a table, you don't share a table unless other people are there within 5 minutes or so. That may mean you won't share a table, but at least you get out on time.

Mura

Archived