Valor question?.........

Isasprings

Hello

We are going on the Valor tomorow 9/15 how early can we drop our bags?

arrival time is at 8:25 A.M.

We want to go to the port drop the bags and return to do the check in

at 8:45P.M.:)..............ISA

I haven't cruise from San Juan for a long time, but in general you will probably be able to drop your bags by 9:30ish......

Most people actually go ahead and check in, then rather than waiting to board the ship they head out to tour.

Keep in mind that Carnival has to turn in a completed manifest of checked in passengers between 1.5 to 2 hours before the scheduled 10pm departure time. If you wait until 8:45 to return to the port and check in you may miss the cut off and not be allowed to check in.

Find out what the latest time you are allowed to check in just to be on the safe side.

I haven't cruise from San Juan for a long time, but in general you will probably be able to drop your bags by 9:30ish......

Most people actually go ahead and check in, then rather than waiting to board the ship they head out to tour.

Keep in mind that Carnival has to turn in a completed manifest of checked in passengers between 1.5 to 2 hours before the scheduled 10pm departure time. If you wait until 8:45 to return to the port and check in you may miss the cut off and not be allowed to check in.

Find out what the latest time you are allowed to check in just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Janey

I am printing the boarding pass and embarkation is from

2:30P.M.to 8:30 P.M.to be on the safe side we are going to be by

8:00 P.M.

Thanks Janey

I am printing the boarding pass and embarkation is from

2:30P.M.to 8:30 P.M.to be on safe side we are going to be by 8:00 P.M.

I would def check in and then go have some fun. Let us know how it works for you going at 8

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

We had to wait a bit, but boarding started 12:15. Our cabin was not ready but we asked cleaning guy if we can leave our carry on in the cabin. No problem. We had leisurely lunch and when we finished the cabin was ready. Quick nap and by 3 pm we were ready to go back into town. I love OSJ, we had a great time exploring it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Keep in mind too.......the humidity in San Juan is incredibly high....today the temp is 83 and the humidity is 82%......6 or 7 hours out in the heat is plenty of time to tour....

Getting back to the port by 8pm is a great idea, but I would be exhausted if I had dropped my bags at 10am and been out until 8pm (10 hours).....whew.........

Keep in mind too.......the humidity in San Juan is incredibly high....today the temp is 83 and the humidity is 82%......6 or 7 hours out in the heat is plenty of time to tour....

Getting back to the port by 8pm is a great idea, but I would be exhausted if I had dropped my bags at 10am and been out until 8pm (10 hours).....whew.........

I can agree with the humidity thing - today (Saturday) was overcast and I felt sticky just standing still. So remember to drink lots of water and take a rest break every now and then. The free shuttle stop is practically right in front of the pier. Also - just across the street is a "tourist information" office with really helpful staff who have all kinds of maps and can answer all your questions.

We just sailed the Valor Sept 1. We checked out of our hotel (the Sheraton OSJ) at 11 and walked across the street to the ship. We were able to check in right away, but we were group 3 and had to wait just a few minutes to board. It was about 11:45 when we got on. Our room was not ready so we headed up to the lido for a little lunch. By 12:30 our room was ready and we dropped our bags off and headed back out in to town. We hit Starbucks and then CVS for a case of water and some soda.

P.S.

Off topic but I recommend going to the Magic Ice bar in St. Thomas. It is right next to Pizza Hut on Front Street. It is a blast and well worth the $20. (You can use your S&S to just put it on your ship account.)

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 using Forums mobile app.

Last year when sailing out of San Juan, I was doing a B2B cruise with friends joining me the 2nd week. I asked one of the Carnival reps this question and here is what I found out.

Info on Enbarkation times:

You can check your baggage starting @ 10:30am

Check in time starts @ 11:00am

Boarding starts @ 12:30pm

You must be checked in and back on the ship by 8:30pm

Is 12:30 also the boarding time for Platinum?

Does this port allow other members of the Platinum's party board with them. I understand this tends to vary from port to port. My mom is 80 and Platinum. This will be cruise 9 (70 days) for my husband and me, so we are not quite Platinum yet. My mom will NEVER find the room or be able to manage the luggage without our assistance.

Archived