Doge's Palace

Sheindoors

We were there last month and decided on the spur of the moment to go (no advance tickets), late afternoon there was a line of maybe 10 people ahead of us. No problem at all. Crowds should not be as bad in October.

We want to visit Doge's Palace on October 9th or 10th, is it better to book before or will the queues not be too bad at this time of year?

Di

Several years ago when we were there we booked a tour...the secret passages of the Doge Palace...by far the best tour we have had. We were in all the back passages, saw the jails, saw the sights not usually seen...and surprise, we came out through a dresser in one of the main rooms. Fantastic tour..we booked ahead of time through Viator. Enjoy!:):)

Several years ago when we were there we booked a tour...the secret passages of the Doge Palace...by far the best tour we have had. We were in all the back passages, saw the jails, saw the sights not usually seen...and surprise, we came out through a dresser in one of the main rooms. Fantastic tour..we booked ahead of time through Viator. Enjoy!:):)

Thanks for that, we will definitely check it out :)

Di

We just got back from Venice and also went to Doge's Palace in the afternoon, when there was no line at all. The secret tour would have been interesting, as there were a few spots we were told you could only see thru that tour, but we didn't plan ahead for that.

Regarding the Secret Tour. How long is the tour and how much were the tickets per person. Thanks.:)

The tour is about 75 minutes long. After the tour, you are free to enjoy the Doge's palace at your leisure.

Full price: 20 euro

Reduced price: 14 euro

You must book in advance. Below is the link to the website:

http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/pianifica-la-tua-visita/secretitineraries/

The tour is about 75 minutes long. After the tour, you are free to enjoy the Doge's palace at your leisure.

Full price: 20 euro

Reduced price: 14 euro

You must book in advance. Below is the link to the website:

http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/pianifica-la-tua-visita/secretitineraries/

Thanks for posting the link. We were interested in booking this tour but after reading the description, I know this tour is not for me. I'm claustrophobic. Maybe a glass or two of vino will ease my disappointment. :D:D:D

Does the secret tour involve a lot of walking, especially steps/stairs? Sometimes my DH has problems if there's too many steps.

Di

We were with a person that also had walking problems...but she did fine. It is all no walking, you stop, learn about the history of Casanova etc, go on some more! We all enjoyed it! We got our tickets through viator and you can look at the description there. Enjoy.

Hi Di

I'm glad you're going, it sounds wonderful. I really wish I'd been able to do the SI tour, but case it's any help in showing some of the walking and steps I made this from the 'regular' tour

All the best, Tony

Great video Tony, thanks a lot, I'm definitely looking foward to it now :)

Di

Archived