Anyone see the Conquest while sailing on the Sensation?

JudyKa

Don't know why really.......BUT my hubby wants me to ask if anyone that has sailed on the Sensation ever saw the Conquest as they passed it at the beginning of their cruise; and, if so, at what time? Did that make sense? LOL!

Hate to be nit-picky.....but hubby will ask me......approximately what time late evening? Bed time? Late supper time? Port side....starboard side? I know, I know......too much detail....LOL! You just have to know him to understand.

We sailed on the Conquest last June, 2004; and he thinks that would be "neat" to see it from another ship sailing by.....sigh.....a kid at heart.

Hate to be nit-picky.....but hubby will ask me......approximately what time late evening? Bed time? Late supper time? Port side....starboard side? I know, I know......too much detail....LOL! You just have to know him to understand.

We sailed on the Conquest last June, 2004; and he thinks that would be "neat" to see it from another ship sailing by.....sigh.....a kid at heart.

Sorry, can't help you there... tell him it was about 22 drinks after leaving, if that helps :p It was late, we had late seating and it was after dinner during martinis... that is all I can tell you... could have been 11, could have been midnight... If I had to guess, I'd say between midnight and 1... but couldn't be totally sure. Sorry.

Yes! On my Sensation cruise in November, I had just gone to bed (around 11-11:30, I think), and saw bright lights from the portholes. Jumped up to see the Conquest, with her running lights on and then several VERY bright flashing lights - like she was greeting us! We were going down river, and she was headed back to N.O. Really a beautiful thing to see.:)

Thank y'all....thank y'all, Goin and Cotton! That answers my questions. Hope we'll be able to catch that.....knowing my hubby, he'll see to it that we will.

Don't know why really.......BUT my hubby wants me to ask if anyone that has sailed on the Sensation ever saw the Conquest as they passed it at the beginning of their cruise; and, if so, at what time? Did that make sense? LOL!

I wasn't on the Sensation, but rather on the Grandeur of the Seas last year when we crossed paths with the Conquest. We were headed downriver towards the mouth if the river when the Conquest passed going in the other direction towards New Orleans. I know they safely coordinated their crossing but it seemed the Conquest was so close we could almost touch it. It was about 11pm Saturday night when this happened. Awesome sight!

I wasn't on the Sensation, but rather on the Grandeur of the Seas last year when we crossed paths with the Conquest. We were headed downriver towards the mouth if the river when the Conquest passed going in the other direction towards New Orleans. I know they safely coordinated their crossing but it seemed the Conquest was so close we could almost touch it. It was about 11pm Saturday night when this happened. Awesome sight!

I agree! I couldn't believe how close it was!!!!!! It was indeed awesome!!!! You had to look quick or you would miss it, she was CRUISIN!!!!!!!!!

We were on the Conquest in March, headed upriver at about 11:30 p.m., getting ready to go to bed and dreading the chaos of debarkation, washing all those nice clothes we had worn all week, thinking about going back to work on Monday, and how long it would probably be before we went on another cruise.

We went out on our port-side balcony for one last look at the lights, and here came the Sensation, with all of those lucky folks just starting their cruise. That rubbed it in a little more.

Ships in the Mississippi usually (but not always) pass port to port.

Yes! On my Sensation cruise in November, I had just gone to bed (around 11-11:30, I think), and saw bright lights from the portholes. Jumped up to see the Conquest, with her running lights on and then several VERY bright flashing lights - like she was greeting us! We were going down river, and she was headed back to N.O. Really a beautiful thing to see.:)

Awesome! Can't wait for that to happen--sailing on Conquest 7/31--we are neighbors--I live in Slidell

Hi 'Bengal'...does your name mean you're an LSU alum like me?:D I have a cat named Bengal. Originally from N.O., have friends in Slidell.

I was wishing I was on deck when we passed the Conquest!

Just off Sensation July 7th! 5yo son and I were in cabin and he screamed,"LOOK MOMMY, ANOTHER BIG BOAT!" and it was the Conquest passing! It was a great sight, people on their balconies waving. I'd guess it was around 1130 or so that Saturday night. If you driving a car down river, it's on the driver's side. Sorry, I don't know the nautical term for it:o . Also be sure to look for all of the oil rigs in the Gulf when you are returning. A very cool site indeed! I'm from Mississippi and have some friends who work on the rigs and it was neat to see how far out they really are.

We are splurging on a balcony this trip on the Sensation this coming Saturday. We were hoping to just stay out on the balcony to see it; but....sigh.....probably due to tropical storms, change of schedules, etc., we probably won't come accross the Conquest. Back when we sailed on the Conquest last June, 2004, they didn't have the Sensation in port yet; so, we didn't get see ships "passing in the night"....would have been neat.

Archived