It's Not Freestyle Cruising If You Cannot Wear Shorts In The MDR

sonicbuffalo

No we hadn't gotten our luggage. Shouldn't matter though as we were dressed appropriately. I was told that the Epic is much more strict on the nicer dining room.

NCL should either follow their own policy or officially change it if they feel it is not stringent enough, not tweak it ship by ship leaving the hostess to play "Stacey and Clinton" with every person in line and leaving the guests confused as to what is and is not appropriate.

What lines have you sailed where you can wear shorts in the MDRS? I haven't been on any, even though I have seen men wearing them, it is not the policy. It isn't going to hurt anyone to bring one pair of docker type pants just to wear for an hour or so each night? No, you don't have to wear a dress shirt: I am sure you know that...Yes a collared or even nice t shirt will work. Most men wear either sport shirts or polo type. I find it a little strange anyone would base their opinion of a cruise, they haven't even taken or whether or not they can wear shorts in the dining room for dinner. You do know, don't you, they are acceptable for lunch and breakfast, it is just dinner were the line is drawn.

The line is no longer drawn there. You need to recheck your policies. As of today NCL, CCL, and now DCL allow shorts in the MDR on casual nights.

The line is no longer drawn there. You need to recheck your policies. As of today NCL, CCL, and now DCL allow shorts in the MDR on casual nights.

If they are now allowing shorts in the MDR aft dining room are they allowing dress toe post sandels (flip flop style shoes)? for women. Maybe it is a European thing :) :) but it seems crazy to allow shorts but restrict shoe type I know customs are different but most place I go out to eat would probally turn away people in shorts but not toe post sandels. Of course I may misunderstood this bit of the NCL policy

If they are now allowing shorts in the MDR aft dining room are they allowing dress toe post sandels (flip flop style shoes)? for women. Maybe it is a European thing :) :) but it seems crazy to allow shorts but restrict shoe type I know customs are different but most place I go out to eat would probally turn away people in shorts but not toe post sandels. Of course I may misunderstood this bit of the NCL policy

The official NCL policy in the aft MDR for men is long pants on every night except embarkation night when shorts are allowed. I think the closed toe shoe policy in the MDR applies to men only, but honestly, I think they should just abandon that and say "no flip flops" for men instead. Seeing a man in a pair of nice leather sandals with his toes peeking out would not bother me any more than seeing a wonans toes. Dressy shoes for women are mostly open toed, and I don't think NCL wants to mess with women on that issue!

Not the Aft MDR but in the mid MDR.

Are you referring to shorts or type of shoes? She poster wanted to know if post type sandals are allowed for women.

I was correcting their assumption that shorts were allowed in the Aft dining room. I don't have an answer to the shoes. I can say that both DD and I wore open toe sandals (not flip flops) in the Aft dining room the one time we ate there on the Epic.

Archived