Never sailed Princess before....

dawcruiser

I think you either misread the the post, or someone posted incorrect information.

Life Boat Drill (muster) is a requirement of both the US Coast Guard and SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) treaty.

The only time they are not is if you are doing a back 2 back cruise on the same ship, otherwise you really should attend...no one is going to hunt you down or anything but it is in your best interests and that of your fellow passengers.

Agreed - much better to be safe than sorry. Every ship is different. The boat assignments are different. 15-20 minutes out of a entire cruise won't make a dent. I too understand that it gets old and I too grumble going to it - but this way I'm prepared.

Don,

The muster drill is mandatory but on Princess ships, it's not an awful thing to go to. Your muster station will be in a lounge inside the ship where you're comfortable and entertained (sometimes, the crew tells jokes as you wait). I actually enjoy Muster and have met many interesting people I wouldn't have otherwise.

I have attended 15 lifeboat drills so far and will attend one more on the Golden. I am not against them I rather ehjoy them. I see them as part of the cruise. I was just interested. I had always thought the Coast Guard required them, but that was on ships which sailed from a US port. Didn't know about a ship sailing from a foreign port.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Don

On our trip on the Caribbean Princess the muster drill was about 4:30. Our station was in the Sterling Steakhouse. The drill was short and actually somewhat entertaining. It was much pleasanter than our muster on the NCL Majesty.

Archived