Enchantment of the Seas Do not Book 4508

hackwid

While this room has been rehabbed with new carpet, new bathroom and all the tarnish gone - the actual room is horrible. The window in pushed back in an alcove as it is so close to the front of the ship. The window was so dirty on the outside from the start of the cruise that you could not see the water- though the light was nice.

When they start the engine it sounds like a high powered industrial vacuum is going to come thru your wall. When they pull in port - it is loud, loud, loud. Banging and ugh just so loud. You are near the theatre so you can hear that too - though that did not bother me.

Even when we were in Coco Cay and tendered there was a loud banging that woke me up early in the morning.

I loved the location of room though. If you can get midship or near the forward elevator- you would be much better off. I would definitely keep clear of these rooms though.

Your post reminded me of a cruise I took years ago. We got the cruise CHEAP... so 4 women friends decided to go. I was the only one with cruise experience. We got 2 cabins far far forward... deck 3.. port hole... just like you described. Spent 2 days in South Beach Miami and then boarded the ship... We were due to dock early the next morning... late night for us... and as I lay in bed I realize... early they would be using bow thrusters and pulling lines. It would sound like we hit something!! I sat up in bed and warned my roommate... she said... don't tell our other friends they'll be fine! So we slept... and yes, early in the am... we are jolted out of bed by the sound of bow thrusters and lines... about 10 seconds later our friends are banging on our door... Life Jackets in hand... they knew we were sinking. We laughed so hard... and told the story a number of times throughout the cruise. I wish I had taken a picture of them! So cute in their nightgowns and life jackets!

This is by no means making light of your experience. But we did enjoy a lot of sunrises on that cruise... some cabins do have their quirks.

Your post reminded me of a cruise I took years ago. We got the cruise CHEAP... so 4 women friends decided to go. I was the only one with cruise experience. We got 2 cabins far far forward... deck 3.. port hole... just like you described. Spent 2 days in South Beach Miami and then boarded the ship... We were due to dock early the next morning... late night for us... and as I lay in bed I realize... early they would be using bow thrusters and pulling lines. It would sound like we hit something!! I sat up in bed and warned my roommate... she said... don't tell our other friends they'll be fine! So we slept... and yes, early in the am... we are jolted out of bed by the sound of bow thrusters and lines... about 10 seconds later our friends are banging on our door... Life Jackets in hand... they knew we were sinking. We laughed so hard... and told the story a number of times throughout the cruise. I wish I had taken a picture of them! So cute in their nightgowns and life jackets!

This is by no means making light of your experience. But we did enjoy a lot of sunrises on that cruise... some cabins do have their quirks.

Funny!

Archived