NYC Breakaway 9-15-2013 w/ pics

Medtech2

We went back to the ship for lunch at the buffet and then I tried the ropes course. A bit too much for someone with acrophobia. I also did the Bungee Jump but they make you remove your glasses so I could not see much. The harness was hurting my thighs so I did not last long but it was fun. Bill relaxed in the hot tubs again while I showered and changed. We ate wings at O’Sheehans and they were good but messy. I ended up writing a note to the FB Director requesting that they provide wet wipes with the wings. I left the table to go wash my hands but how many people do? They lick their fingers and then go from there. As a germ phobic Medical Technologist it gives me the willies. Back at the room Dan the Man called to discuss some concerns I had expressed about Bingo and it was totally unexpected and very nice of him. He even offered to meet with me somewhere but I did not want to impose on his busy schedule for such a minor issue. This is what impresses me so much with Norwegian. Sean nicely dealing with a late call about a toilet and Dan calling to discuss an issue. They take the time to address everything and try to improve processes constantly.

We saw Burn the Floor which we both enjoyed but ended up missing the crepe station. Norwegians want their crepes 24 hrs a day! We went to Spice H2O for the White Hot & Glow Party. You can wear white but neon is really fun. Regular bright yellow like we were wearing does not work. The first 150 people got glow sticks. I noticed the crew worked really hard to get people on the dance floor :)

We must have really affected Sean with our toilet issue because midweek Hugo took over as HD

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3d711b3127ccef4688589b2a100000030O00AZNmjVq5atmYPbz4Y/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00306595546220130930212758681.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

LOL Sean is heading to the GETAWAY.

I can not tell you how much I loved this quote:

"Talk about an upsell! It should not be allowed that children or husbands can be sold anything during a treatment."

Cracks me up that you classified husbands and children together. I love going to the grocery store, and I always say that children and straight guys should NOT be allowed to go into one unattended. LOL

Richard/Tralfie

Can I just say that y'all are EXACTLY the kind of people I hope to wind up meeting on my Breakaway sailing this March (it'll be my very first cruise, although I've already scheduled my second for December 2014 on the Disney Dream). You just seem to have a good time and make the best of every situation, which is what I plan to spend my cruise doing! I mean, heck, worst case scenario, I'd be happy spending the entire week sitting on my balcony and ordering room service!

Richard/Tralfie

i can not tell you how much i loved this quote:

"talk about an upsell! It should not be allowed that children or husbands can be sold anything during a treatment."

cracks me up that you classified husbands and children together. I love going to the grocery store, and i always say that children and straight guys should not be allowed to go into one unattended. Lol

richard/tralfie

-------

:)

Can I just say that y'all are EXACTLY the kind of people I hope to wind up meeting on my Breakaway sailing this March (it'll be my very first cruise, although I've already scheduled my second for December 2014 on the Disney Dream). You just seem to have a good time and make the best of every situation, which is what I plan to spend my cruise doing! I mean, heck, worst case scenario, I'd be happy spending the entire week sitting on my balcony and ordering room service!

Richard/Tralfie

Make sure the bed is by the balcony and you don't even need to get out of bed to enjoy the balcony!

DH and I were on the same sailing - and did the Chef's Table! Could we help??

Yes you can :) what did you have to do to get a reservation and did you love the food? I'm so excited to be able to do the chef table so anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Yes you can :) what did you have to do to get a reservation and did you love the food? I'm so excited to be able to do the chef table so anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thank you!!

I would look in the lobby - or ask when you board - where you can book it. There are no pre-reservations even for suite guests so it's a first come first serve. Usually limited to 12 - but we did have 14 and the Chef commented it was a "very large" group.

Dinner was held in the Haven restaurant. The food was quite good, beautifully presented. The menu had a lot of variety and large portions for a meal with NINE courses! :eek:

We are not really wine drinkers - but we enjoyed them too. It was on Thursday night of our sailing - which seemed to be a closely guarded secret even though most of the other Breakaway sailings it had also been on Thursday. Go figure....

Bring your camera - the Chef had no problem with those in our group who wished to take photos of the various courses. Included was a copy of the menu - signed by the Chef who presented and explained each course and 2 photos. One of the whole group and one DH and me with the Chef.

It was a lot of fun - and we enjoyed it!

Edited by happy cruzin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debbiejohncruise
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We didn't get a chance to talk to you much at the M & G but we wanted to thank you and others who arranged everything. It was our first time with NCL and were amazed at how many attended the meeting! I don't know if we will ever cruise on the Breakaway again. The balcony was really tiny, too many people, hard to get into shows, etc. Loved the shows we did see but glad we booked way ahead of time. We would find a quiet place to read on the ship and then they would start blaring music! OMG! lol - Anyways, the important part was meeting our fellow cruise critics and your great hosting!!! Onto Celebrity in Feb!

We didn't get a chance to talk to you much at the M & G but we wanted to thank you and others who arranged everything. It was our first time with NCL and were amazed at how many attended the meeting! I don't know if we will ever cruise on the Breakaway again. The balcony was really tiny, too many people, hard to get into shows, etc. Loved the shows we did see but glad we booked way ahead of time. We would find a quiet place to read on the ship and then they would start blaring music! OMG! lol - Anyways, the important part was meeting our fellow cruise critics and your great hosting!!! Onto Celebrity in Feb!

Ohhhh! Looks like you are doing a B2B? Enjoy!

If you like quiet ships you mightwant to try the Sun. Smaller and much more quiet.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Ohhhh! Looks like you are doing a B2B? Enjoy!

If you like quiet ships you mightwant to try the Sun. Smaller and much more quiet.

Not so much into quiet ships, just a few quiet spots to enjoy on board would be nice. We are really looking forward to 21 days at sea!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Especially because we have a free drink package for the whole trip.

• 1 month later...
How did you get all the yummy looking treats in your room everyday. This has to be one of the best reviews I have read in a long time. Thank You for going into such detail and for all the pictures,

Thank YOU for your kind words!

I never figured out exactly if the treats were related to Latitudes, CC, or whatever. It seems various members of our Roll Call received various treats...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank you for your review and all of the pictures. It really helped to have photos to show my family prior to our cruise.

Your welcome!

I know I like to see other's pictures as it gives me a good idea what to expect and builds the anticipation!

• 2 months later...
I was on the Breakaway in August, no football yet. Hoping for both Football & Redsox Baseball on that screen.

ry%3D480

I too was excited to see this. DH will LOVE watching football on that! Early on, when Breakaway first started sailing, I thought I heard that this screen was almost wasted....all of us were thinking they'd be showing movies or something but someone said all they ever had on was scenic views. Lol....

Hi medtech2. I just found this review a few days ago when it got bumped up. We are going on the Breakaway in 16 days. I found the review and pictures very helpful. And greetings from a retired Medtech.

Hi medtech2. I just found this review a few days ago when it got bumped up. We are going on the Breakaway in 16 days. I found the review and pictures very helpful. And greetings from a retired Medtech.

You mean we can retire someday?

I thought they'd just keep working and walking around my cold dead body, like we were told in school...

• 3 weeks later...

I too was excited to see this. DH will LOVE watching football on that! Early on, when Breakaway first started sailing, I thought I heard that this screen was almost wasted....all of us were thinking they'd be showing movies or something but someone said all they ever had on was scenic views. Lol....

Is this out on the main deck? Do they show movies at night?

Is this out on the main deck? Do they show movies at night?

That big screen is in Spice H20. It's an adults only area but I've heard of children being in there a few times. Movies are shown on the big screen, that spans 2 decks, in the atrium.

Edited by English101
Typo