Boarding Notification.

csnarpy

Just got this email:

The following is a message from the Royal Caribbean International Emergency Notification System...

"We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Allure of the Seas on September 29, out of Fort Lauderdale. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, please do not arrive at the cruise terminal prior to 12:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard."

Has this been happening to others?

Just got this email:

The following is a message from the Royal Caribbean International Emergency Notification System...

"We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Allure of the Seas on September 29, out of Fort Lauderdale. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, please do not arrive at the cruise terminal prior to 12:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard."

Has this been happening to others?

See here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919722

Yes, the cruise lines use this as way to control amt of passengers getting to port at one time. I had two friends booked in 2 different cabins on the same deck who each got this email which told them to arrive at 12:30 and 1:30 accordingly. Show up when you want to get on. No one will reference this email whatsoever. Enjoy :)

We got the same message for our cruise on the Allure in March. We decided to go ahead and get to pier by 11, and it was totally fine. It was actually the smoothest on boarding process I've ever experienced, which shocked me since this ship is huge!

Bottom line, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Archived