Azamara Quest Pictorial, Rome to Venice - September 2013

English Tim

When we were there on Azamara in June there was not a charge for the shuttle.

The mention of few taxis and difficulty with local buses and the offer of the $49 return by bus, came on an information sheet left in our stateroom (I believe the night before).

Thank you for your review Tim and i do hope Rosy is feeling a bit better!

I for one love pictorial reviews - I did one for my trip on the NCL Jade and I know what hard work they are. I just love looking at pics and the Med ports are just gorgeous!

Definitely sailing in and out of Venice is amazing and an experience I would like to repeat before they ban cruise ships doing this! I can't believe that 12 cruise ships were in port on one day - wow!

I have stayed in Venice twice now - if you want a lovely b&b with great reviews there is a place called Ca Bonvicini or you can stay on the Lido as a cheaper alternative as the vaporettos are very regular from/to there and even better value is a vaporetto pass if you are staying there a few days as you can get to and from the Lido and then go onto Burano and Murano.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Thank you, Tim. Looking forward to the rest of the review. We are considering making a B2B with Azamara Quest in june 2014 and as we only have sailed with the Journey it could be interesting to know which ship you preferred.:)

HI Odd Job - the two ships are identical, i believe. Been on Quest twice and loved it both times.

Get a suite on 8 deck - close to all the action and be spoilt by some of the perks.

Ayoub is a treasure to the Line. He's our butler midships on 8 deck Port side.

Fabulous Gent from Turkey. 12 months ago we sailed from Rio to Miami - nearly 3 weeks and by the time we arrived, the crew were like old friends. Even they relaxed!

I'm planning to cross the Atlantic this September on QM2 - we'll see how the big ships compare. Stay tuned...:D

Edited by STEPHENB