Taking Wine on Board

Maysel

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse.

[quote=don't-use-real-name;40095358]Am I to understand that I can take -1- bottle (per person) on board and
consume it in my stateroom without corkage fee ?
Not too bad a deal if you can replenish your cabin stock with a new bottle
in each port ?[/quote]

That's hit or miss. They see it on the x-ray and tell you to check it at the desk so you can pick it up at the end of your cruise, but................sometimes they are really busy at the table or distracted and you can just keep walking to the elevator and get on up to your room with your wine.

Whatever you do, if you are planning to drink the wine in your room is to remember a wine cork opener. You can buy the travel models at "Total Wine and More" for 99 cents.

On one cruise, my steward could not find anyone with an opener for at least a day and I had forgotten one. Didn't want to pay corkage and finally got one and got it opened.

[quote name='Maysel']I know that each passenger can bring a bottle of wine on board, but is there a size restriction? Can I take a large bottle?[/quote]

When Security (in Galveston) checked my carry-on luggage, they confiscated our two large bottles of wine because they were "over-sized" and not the regulated 750ml bottle.:rolleyes: I pleaded "ignorance" and the 2 bottles were sent to the naughty room, which I simply reclaimed at the end of the cruise. I just HAD to try to see if Security would let them slide, but no waayyyy! Oh well, no pain, no gain! Now I just use Rum Runners!!!:eek::p

[quote=Cruisin'Mama7;40095806]When Security (in Galveston) checked my carry-on luggage, they confiscated our two large bottles of wine because they were "over-sized" and not the regulated 750ml bottle.:rolleyes: I pleaded "ignorance" and the 2 bottles were sent to the naughty room, which I simply reclaimed at the end of the cruise. I just HAD to try to see if Security would let them slide, but no waayyyy! Oh well, no pain, no gain! Now I just use Rum Runners!!!:eek::p[/quote]

Security knowingly let my mom's 2 bottles slide, but other security sent mine to the naughty room. (but my wonderful cabin steward brought them to me the last night, with two wine glasses and a bucket of ice. It was Arbor Mist, so more like wine cooler... didn't purchase one drink that night, just kept refilling :)) I too, pled ignorance, it didn't work. Mom must just have that innocent face - LOL!

And yes, now I have ways to get the hard stuff on :o

[quote name='CruzLover80']How dare you smuggle the hard stuff??? ;). I'm sure there will be a comment on that, wait for it.....[/quote]

LOL! I meant, uh, now, um, I, uh, bring on our two 750ml bottles of wine and am very happy that they let me do that :)

Archived