St Martin Zoo

rsail203

I have just spoken to the manager of the Zoo. He stated to me that Royal Caribbean has not been bringing tours to the Zoo. it is not one of the cruise lines we normally we work with. So I am a little confused as to how and why this tour was ever offered by RC.

Please feel free to visit the zoo on your own. It is a short taxi ride away from the cruise ship dock

In making further inquiries, I was advised by the tour company the Zoo works with, that Royal Caribbean was offering tours to the Zoo but that they have canceled the Zoo tour as well as some other tours that have been low volume tours.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there.

Bringing this thread up again.

We are also thinking about visiting the zoo.

We would take a taxi to the zoo in the morning and then need a taxi back to phillipsburg to do some shopping and cocktails on the beach.

Does anybody know the cost of the taxi from port to zoo ?

And how about getting back...I think at the zoo they can call a taxi for us that takes us to town ?

Greets from Germany, Nadine

I have never been to the zoo on the island. Is it worth a visit? Are the animals given space to roam or are they in small cages?

For the most part, small animals in adequate space. Lots of birds, some primates and reptiles, a few small cats. This was a few years back. I thought it was a nice small zoo.

For the most part, small animals in adequate space. Lots of birds, some primates and reptiles, a few small cats. This was a few years back. I thought it was a nice small zoo.

Are there mostly barriers or cages? DH is a photographer and pictures are much nicer when there are natural barriers as compared to cages.

I looked at the homepage and some pictures online, I think its not much to take pictures, because they are mostly in a cage.

Thanks. :) I have always had it on the list of places to visit but have never made it there yet. Thought that if it was good for taking pictures DH and I could go so he could teach me how to use my new camera. :)

• 1 year later...
Hi there.

Bringing this thread up again.

We are also thinking about visiting the zoo.

We would take a taxi to the zoo in the morning and then need a taxi back to phillipsburg to do some shopping and cocktails on the beach.

Does anybody know the cost of the taxi from port to zoo ?

And how about getting back...I think at the zoo they can call a taxi for us that takes us to town ?

Greets from Germany, Nadine

Did you visit the zoo? If so, what did you think?

Thanks. :) I have always had it on the list of places to visit but have never made it there yet. Thought that if it was good for taking pictures DH and I could go so he could teach me how to use my new camera. :)

Did you ever make it to the zoo? I was thinking about visiting next month...