Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Subscribed ! Can't wait for more ! We have stayed at that Doubletree as well and except for the lobby bar being freezing cold, very much enjoyed our stay there. We are sailing on the Breeze in early November on the same itinerary as you - I'm excited to read a fellow Canuck's take on things !!

Thanks, Hope you have great weather like we did. Mike

Another one of your great family reviews! Even better being another B2B. Thanks for bringing us along and sharing your cruise adventures with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Thank you, glad to be back.

Thanks again...always so thrilled to hear from you all and how you vacation...wow the kids have grown to even more gorgeous and thanks sooooo much for sharing your adventure..this is the ''good stuff"" and joy of being here..folks like you..Sarah

Thank you, Sarah.

Aug 24th, 2013: Embarkation

We had reservations with SAS transportation to pick us up at the hotel and transport us to the Miami Port for $15 a person. We used them in 2010 and were very pleased with them. Even though I would have preferred to be picked up at 10 am, they only start their hotel pick up at 11 am because they pick ups at the airport first. They were on time and we arrived at the port at 11:35 am.

photo8_zpsa2c57cc7.jpg

DSC_0100_zpsb86c9699.jpg

DSC_0101_zpsdacca0c1.jpg

DSC_0102_zps03d30a6f.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsac50295e.jpg

The porter put ‘faster to the fun tags’ on the luggage and we breezed through security with the designated line for Platinum/Diamond. I had two coolers filled with flavored water, diet coke and 4 bottles of wine because of our B2B, however, they did not check anything. I had expected them to keep 2 bottles of wine until the end of the cruise.

We were directed into the VIP lounge where we checked in, got our Platinum Sail & Sign card and we immediately boarded the ship.

DSC_0106_zps9a09ef79.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsd89c7fd3.jpg

The first thing I did was go to the Excursion Desk to sign up for the ‘Behind the Fun Tour’. I had done some research on cruise critic and it appeared that the tour on Liberty was better than the one on Breeze.

DSC_0124_zpsd1a00f5a.jpg

Just married?

DSC_0299_zps569f7f75.jpg

So excited for another awesome review! I was getting a little football-ed out today:)

We are going on Breeze for NYE, trying out a Cove Balcony. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and see pics of that ship!

I'm really enjoying your review! I'm curious though: You purchased FTTF, yet you also had platinum S&S cards. If you were platinum, what is the advantage to purchasing FTTF?

Thank you.

I did not purchase FTTF, I believe you confusion stems from us receiving FTTF tags for our luggage. Platinum are issued the tags so that their luggage is immediately brought to their cabin. In other word they use the same tags for FTTF, Platinum and Diamond.

Edited by MikeyA53

We were directed into the VIP lounge where we checked in, got our Platinum Sail & Sign card and we immediately boarded the ship.

DSC_0106_zps9a09ef79.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsd89c7fd3.jpg

The first thing I did was go to the Excursion Desk to sign up for the ‘Behind the Fun Tour’. I had done some research on cruise critic and it appeared that the tour on Liberty was better than the one on Breeze.

DSC_0124_zpsd1a00f5a.jpg

Just married?

DSC_0299_zps569f7f75.jpg

Was the Excursion desk open that early we want to do the same thing on our Oct 19th trip

Another Platinum bonus is that your room is ready when you board so we went to our cabins to drop off our carry on. We had a balcony cabin and the kids had a 1A inside cabin, both on deck 6.

Balcony Cabin

DSC_0114_zpsb3826209.jpg

DSC_0121_zpsef559b7b.jpg

DSC_0116_zpscc8420ce.jpg

DSC_0117_zps565cfa1b.jpg

DSC_0119_zps6682cad7.jpg

DSC_0120_zps4141ffb5.jpg