Baha Mar confusing my plans! Mid May 2013

Debbbiee

Ugh. Can't edit my title. This is for May 2014

I think this is a ScubaGirl (glad you are back!) question, but would love to hear from anyone with input!

Does anyone know when Baha Mar will open? Will the Sheraton/Wyndham properties still exist? I have no idea what my options are anymore!

I just want access to a beach area with beautiful water. That is my #1 priority. Beautiful ocean water. I am willing to do a day pass or a public beach. We are 4 adults, no kids. We'll also want access to food somewhere. It doesn't matter if the food is part of a package or pay as you go. Atlantis/Comfort Suites is more than I want to spend. Comfort Suites room plus taxes is coming out to over $400 with possible additional fees charged at check out.

TIA!

Debbie

Ugh. Can't edit my title. This is for May 2014

I think this is a ScubaGirl (glad you are back!) question, but would love to hear from anyone with input!

Does anyone know when Baha Mar will open? Will the Sheraton/Wyndham properties still exist? I have no idea what my options are anymore!

Bahamar Opens in Dec 2014, Sheraton/wyndham will not be renovated until the other hotels are open and operational. This shouldn't affect your may 2014 arrival

I just want access to a beach area with beautiful water. That is my #1 priority. Beautiful ocean water. I am willing to do a day pass or a public beach. We are 4 adults, no kids. We'll also want access to food somewhere. It doesn't matter if the food is part of a package or pay as you go. Atlantis/Comfort Suites is more than I want to spend. Comfort Suites room plus taxes is coming out to over $400 with possible additional fees charged at check out.

Here are the current options for the Sheraton.

http://www.sheratonnassau.com/day-pass

TIA!

Debbie

Hope this helps !

Thank you, CruisinCrow!

I am very happy with the location of RIU. I've been on an Atlantis excursion before and the thing I loved the most was being in the ocean water there. It had nothing to do with the resort itself! We are going to try and skip the all-inclusive at RIU and find food on our own. $75 is a great price but I'm covering my dad and brother's cost also so if I can save some money, I'd like to.

So that leaves me with a couple more questions.

Is the beach in front of RIU a public beach? Or would I need to go off to the side of the resort? If so, is there an area between RIU and Atlantis? Or just on the other side of RIU?

Anyone know how long of a walk is would be to an a place to get food? I'm not sure what is in the area and I don't know how far of a walk to Marina Village at Atlantis.

Thanks all!

There's nothing between Atlantis and RIU. The public entrance to Cabbage Beach is to the east of RIU. You can rent chairs and I believe there are vendors who will sell you drinks. But as far as I know, there is no food. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are no restrooms!

Hopefully someone will chime in with lunch suggestions.

Archived