Is NCL still doing their pub hop/crawl?

Stephanieandjason

Last January, my husband and I attended the pub hop while aboard the Pride of America and had a blast! This coming January we will be on the Dawn and are wondering if this is still taking place? I thought I read somewhere they discontinued these but I can't find any info now. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge?

I remember hearing of a lawsuit stemming from pub crawls. I can't put my fingers on the article at this point but a cruise line was sued by someone who suffered some unfortunate situation after attending the pub crawl and becoming visibly intoxicated. Shortly after this people started reporting the pub crawls had slowly stopped. Does anyone remember the specifics of which cruise line had the lawsuit brought against it?

From web site:

They're almost legendary. Sign up and join us for our shipboard Pub Crawl and you'll not only meet fellow pub-lovers, you'll experience new tastes, learn a few drinking games, play some trivia, laugh uncontrollably, and only be an elevator ride away from home.

The thing that struck me was the outright encouragement to drink and the reference to the elevator ride. :eek: Second thought was this would NEVER happen on alcoholphobic RCI.

Does anyone remember the specifics of which cruise line had the lawsuit brought against it?

Probably many but the most notable was RCI's over the George Smith case and probably the reason for their strict policies. Smith disappeared, presumably overboard, after a night or heavy drinking (and drugs). No pub crawl but contention was he was served when obviously drunk. Big settlement for widow (as well as aligations of foul play). There were reports of strict policy changes as part of the settlement.

As for pub crawls the best ones we've done were organized through our Roll Call thread.

From web site:

Probably many but the most notable was RCI's over the George Smith case and probably the reason for their strict policies. Smith disappeared, presumably overboard, after a night or heavy drinking (and drugs). No pub crawl but contention was he was served when obviously drunk. Big settlement for widow (as well as aligations of foul play). There were reports of strict policy changes as part of the settlement.

As for pub crawls the best ones we've done were organized through our Roll Call thread.

That may be the one but I remember something about a woman who had something unpleasant done to her after she participated in a pub crawl and she sued and won a large settlement too. Either way, the amount of revenue these types of things generate will not offset the nice settlements and jury-give awards so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they've stopped.

Dan Dan the Party Man! got his nickname from doing the pub crawls on the Norwegian Jewel! Good thing he's been promoted to CD or he'd have to come up with a whole new nickname! :eek:

One mentioned in the recent Freestyle Dailies for the POA and I'm hoping to join it on 11/2/13 sailing.See it costs $25 to take part so I assume that gets you a few drinks while you go round! Anybody been on one and remember enough to enlighten us lol?:)

One mentioned in the recent Freestyle Dailies for the POA and I'm hoping to join it on 11/2/13 sailing.See it costs $25 to take part so I assume that gets you a few drinks while you go round! Anybody been on one and remember enough to enlighten us lol?:)

You go to five different bars and get five different drinks and all the while you're touring the ship and having fun meeting new people. :) It was a fun time but like anything fun in life, someone invariably has to screw it up! :(

You go to five different bars and get five different drinks and all the while you're touring the ship and having fun meeting new people. :) It was a fun time but like anything fun in life, someone invariably has to screw it up! :(

Well you always run into the possibility of coming up against an idiot!! But it sounds as if it could be good craic as we say here in Northern Ireland!!:)

Archived