Back from our Valor cruise 9/22-9/29....

ktinnc

I can't wait to read your review. We were on the Valor in April and LOVED it. My favorite itinerary. Every time I see a Valor review I have to read it. I love re-living it. We won't be doing it again until 2015 so until then I will just have to live vicariously thru all the reviews. Can't wait to read yours and see all the great pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Usually when I get back from a cruise the last thing I want to do is read about other people going but not this cruise...I want to remember it for a long time ...plus I figure everyone on here will help encourage me to book the next one..haha

I'm signed up and looking forward to it. I love reviews from ships/itineraries we've done to relive our cruises. I took over 2000 pictures on our cruise too - but that is so easy to do on this itinerary. :) So glad you had a good time.

I was all caught up on reading every Valor review (some even 2-3 times)...and then you had to go and start yours right when I got to San Juan..lol. I didn't have time to read it so I plan to do that over the next few nights before bed time...my favorite way to relax before I drift off to la-la land.

I do have a question/request...can you hurry the review along? We leave for San Juan in 16 days and would love one last review with all the pics :)

Seriously though, glad you had a good trip!

Haha - I'll do my very best but I'm pretty sure it'll be a miracle if I finish it in 16 days. I just went back to work today and it's my busy season so I don't know how much free time I'll have but I'll get it done eventually! Regardless have a fabulous time on your trip - I don't know how you couldn't..it's just incredible.

I was all caught up on reading every Valor review (some even 2-3 times)...and then you had to go and start yours right when I got to San Juan..lol. I didn't have time to read it so I plan to do that over the next few nights before bed time...my favorite way to relax before I drift off to la-la land.

LOL!!! I'm sorry. :) I love your "teaser" picture with the turtle and can't wait to see the rest of your review.

We just got off this same cruise as well. The itinerary certainly keeps you busy. We did non-Carnival excursions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, and just kind of winged it with walking or taxis everywhere else. This worked fine for us everywhere except St. Kitts - not impressed and did not have a good experience there. It seems the people who enjoyed the day there simply went to the beach. All in all, we had another great cruise.

We toured with Thenford Grey Tours in St. Kitts. From other posts before our cruise in late September, we weren't expecting much from this island, but my first glimpse from the Valor in the morning just blew me away. Everyone on Thenford's tour was very impressed. The views from Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park were just ... wow.

I have 19 days to go until i get to go on the Valor :D

my questions are :confused:

Looking for good local food. Did you do any eating off ship where, and what?

What did you do in Barbados? looking for adventerous things to do or places to go?

I moved to Puerto Rico 7 months ago and am going on my 2nd cruise on the Valor in November. I went on the first one three weeks after we arrived here. :D

I have a favorite restaurant just across the street from the port where the ship docks, it is called Punto De Vista. It is an indoor/outdoor cafe style restaurant. They always have 2 for 1 mojitos (many flavors) and they are the best I have ever tasted. Strawberry and melon are my two favorites, but my husband loves the original mojito. Their food is just as amazing as their mojitos and it's reasonably priced. I hope you get a chance to try it.

Rebecca

I moved to Puerto Rico 7 months ago and am going on my 2nd cruise on the Valor in November. I went on the first one three weeks after we arrived here. :D

I have a favorite restaurant just across the street from the port where the ship docks, it is called Punto De Vista. It is an indoor/outdoor cafe style restaurant. They always have 2 for 1 mojitos (many flavors) and they are the best I have ever tasted. Strawberry and melon are my two favorites, but my husband loves the original mojito. Their food is just as amazing as their mojitos and it's reasonably priced. I hope you get a chance to try it.

Rebecca

I loved that restaurant. Best Mofongo I have ever had. I had the steak with garlic sauce and my sister had shrimp. It was amazing. Also had strawberry and I think raspberry mojitos. Yummy...

I loved that restaurant. Best Mofongo I have ever had. I had the steak with garlic sauce and my sister had shrimp. It was amazing. Also had strawberry and I think raspberry mojitos. Yummy...

Yes, great mofongo, when they aren't having an off day. We dined there last Sunday. The pork in my mofongo was almost as hard as jerky. I should have sent it back. No, I should have gone with the shrimp.

Quick tip: Their mango salsa is made fresh to order, served warm, and is out of this world. Ten stars. It's excellent as an add on to the mofongo.

Archived