Duped on Allure gratuity refund

The term "duped" at this point is just downright wrong.

And, to say that it was NOT processed as promised is also wrong.

Why do people accuse people of things without KNOWING. Though I know nobody is going to do it, the person you mentioned could easily accuse you of slander.

If maybe 2 weeks goes by and this is not processed, MAYBE you can use those terms.

Thank you , my feelings exactly, sometime folks type before they think....:rolleyes:

The term "duped" at this point is just downright wrong.

And, to say that it was NOT processed as promised is also wrong.

Why do people accuse people of things without KNOWING. Though I know nobody is going to do it, the person you mentioned could easily accuse you of slander.

If maybe 2 weeks goes by and this is not processed, MAYBE you can use those terms.

Easy does it. It could be a communications issue. Norm is under the impression that it was already credited back. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he thought that and got a little hot under the collar when it wasn't.

Seriously, Just to make it clear to all who responded to our problem with refund of gratuity... it was RC that offered tto refund our pre-paids, not us.

YES we tipped everyone that deserved it, we are not that rude or cheap!

Upset about the refund because the mgr said he was looking at it on his screen but wouldnt give me a copy. Dont mind waiting but he was clear it had gone through. Honesty hoes a long way.

The problem with the cabin steward was from the start despite a hefty upfront cash "tip" Our attempts to rectify the situation with the front desk & her boss only served to piss her off more with rude stares and lack of towels. We never had this experience with RC staff before.

We didnt eat in the main dining room but agree with another poster the food wasnt as good as last year.

While it sounds like you had the steward from h-e-double hockey sticks, I disagree that $20 constitutes a "hefty" upfront tip. We tried the upfront tip thing once and gave $50 the first day of the cruise, and it didn't seem to change the expected service. Now we just wait until the end and tip extra if service warrants it.

Guest maddycat

The OP should, as others have suggested, wait at least a week or 10 days before he calls RCI. I learned the hard way that credits aren't posted as quickly as charges to cc accounts. I too thought that the merchant had lied to me. I contacted the merchant and complained to them. I then called the bank that issued my cc. No one at the bank could tell me why a charge shows up on an account instantly while it can take weeks to post a credit.

If you consider 20 dollars a "hefty" tip your living in the 1950's.

Are you sure? Found on Cruisejunkie.com;

"On ships where tipping is expected, waiters, busboys and room stewards can earn salaries as low as US$50 a month. In any case, almost two-thirds of those receiving tips earn monthly incomes of $1,000 or more. And then there are fees that some workers are forced to pay."

That works out to $33.33 a day since they work every day of the month. It is quite possible that the OP slipped him just under a days pay. That is the same as slipping a US worker $100. In my book, that is a fairly hefty tip.

"On ships where tipping is expected, waiters, busboys and room stewards can earn salaries as low as US$50 a month. In any case, almost two-thirds of those receiving tips earn monthly incomes of $1,000 or more. And then there are fees that some workers are forced to pay."

That works out to $33.33 a day since they work every day of the month. It is quite possible that the OP slipped him just under a days pay. That is the same as slipping a US worker $100. In my book, that is a fairly hefty tip.

I hate to break it to you, but many US workers make that before they take their morning coffee break.

A monthly income of $1,000 is $12,000 a year. In the US that is poverty level.

Your book also seeems to be extremely outdated. Call it want you want, 20.00 is not a hefty tip, sorry....:rolleyes:

Archived