Sydney, Melbourne & NZ in November

Hi, we're seriously considering booking Celebrity Solstice November 2014 Sydney to Auckland with stops in Melbourne and several ports in both North and South islands in NZ. I know this is mid/late Spring in the southern hemisphere just wondering if this is a good time to visit.

Hi, we're seriously considering booking Celebrity Solstice November 2014 Sydney to Auckland with stops in Melbourne and several ports in both North and South islands in NZ. I know this is mid/late Spring in the southern hemisphere just wondering if this is a good time to visit.

This is a beautiful time to visit NZ. It will be cool in ports in the South Island. Sydney will be quite warm.

We are on Celebrity Solstice 4 November this year cruising Sydney, Melbourne, both NZ Islands and finally docking in Auckland NZ. I chose November because, being a local, I know it to be a wonderful time of the year, being the last month of Spring. As previous poster said, NZ South Island will be cool but that is all part of the attraction for southern NZ and the Fjords.

As much as I love Australia I also adore NZ. We have done 3 previous fly/drive trips to NZ over the last 10 years and this will be our first cruise. I can't get enough of the place. My great love is the South Island of NZ. Stunning. We will certainly be getting a different perspective of NZ from our cruise ship compared to our previous driving trips, but this time will be certainly more relaxing and in 5* luxury.

Would highly recommend a cruise in November 2014....

We are on Celebrity Solstice 4 November this year cruising Sydney' date=' Melbourne, both NZ Islands and finally docking in Auckland NZ. I chose November because, being a local, I know it to be a wonderful time of the year, being the last month of Spring. As previous poster said, NZ South Island will be cool but that is all part of the attraction for southern NZ and the Fjords.

As much as I love Australia I also adore NZ. We have done 3 previous fly/drive trips to NZ over the last 10 years and this will be our first cruise. I can't get enough of the place. My great love is the South Island of NZ. Stunning. We will certainly be getting a different perspective of NZ from our cruise ship compared to our previous driving trips, but this time will be certainly more relaxing and in 5* luxury.

Would highly recommend a cruise in November 2014....[/quote']

I'll be on a 14 day cruise to NZ on the 23 November. What is the average temperature in South Island and North Island at this time? I'm just thinking if I should be packing my winter coat or should I take my summer maxi dresses..

I'll be on a 14 day cruise to NZ on the 23 November. What is the average temperature in South Island and North Island at this time? I'm just thinking if I should be packing my winter coat or should I take my summer maxi dresses..

Winter or mid-season clothes in layers for the South Island. Your location is shown as 'Australia' so I don't know what temperatures you are used to.

We are on Celebrity Solstice 4 November this year cruising Sydney' date=' Melbourne, both NZ Islands and finally docking in Auckland NZ. I chose November because, being a local, I know it to be a wonderful time of the year, being the last month of Spring. As previous poster said, NZ South Island will be cool but that is all part of the attraction for southern NZ and the Fjords.

Would highly recommend a cruise in November 2014....[/quote']

This is the same itinerary we're looking at for November 2014. Your comments have really encouraged me to book. Just need to sort out some details and check airfares once they're released in another month or so. Really excited about this cruise now - thank you :)

This is the same itinerary we're looking at for November 2014. Your comments have really encouraged me to book. Just need to sort out some details and check airfares once they're released in another month or so. Really excited about this cruise now - thank you :)

I booked our cruise in January this year and it has been full on since then checking Cruise Critic (once I found it), making flight bookings, overnight accommodations, shore excursions, airport shuttle bookings, travel insurance, etc. It has been exciting but I believe I have covered everything. Cruise Critic is wonderful and has helped in many, many ways. The various posters are very generous with their knowledge and experiences.

Now the serious excitement is setting in as it is less than 4 weeks before we depart. Definitely counting down the days now. I will be posting a review after my trip (probably a long one because I do ramble on a bit) so be on the lookout for it in late November, under Celebrity Solstice. I will give a review, warts and all.

But in the meantime, enjoy your time checking out Cruise Critic and the wonderful experiences of fellow cruisers.

Bye for now.

We are on the same cruise Sydney32203 I think, is it Voyager Of the Seas?we are taking summer and winter clothes as it will be warmish in the North Island and a lot cooler in the South (remember the South Island is even further south to Tasmania and Tassie can be very cold even in December). I have also been told to take a light jacket to wear on the ship, some parts of the ship are quite cool.

We are on the same cruise Sydney32203 I think, is it Voyager Of the Seas?we are taking summer and winter clothes as it will be warmish in the North Island and a lot cooler in the South (remember the South Island is even further south to Tasmania and Tassie can be very cold even in December). I have also been told to take a light jacket to wear on the ship, some parts of the ship are quite cool.

Yes, I'm on voyager of the seas. We have booked 3 cabins and we are a group of 8. It's my first cruise too so I'm very excited. I have no idea if I'm going to get sea sick or not. Will just have to be prepared an see what happens.

Yes, I'm on voyager of the seas. We have booked 3 cabins and we are a group of 8. It's my first cruise too so I'm very excited. I have no idea if I'm going to get sea sick or not. Will just have to be prepared an see what happens.

Sydney32203 I've been on Voyager & her sister ships multiple times in all sorts of weather, and unless you're very prone to motion sickness you should be fine. If you're concerned just bring along some over-the-counter sea sick meds & you'll be fine. Enjoy your first cruise - good chance you'll become addicted like so many of us here :D

Yes, I'm on voyager of the seas. We have booked 3 cabins and we are a group of 8. It's my first cruise too so I'm very excited. I have no idea if I'm going to get sea sick or not. Will just have to be prepared an see what happens.[/quote

We are hoping we won't get sick too. Taking Kwells and ginger tablets just in case. We booked a balcony suite in the middle section of the ship deck 6 as we were told that would probably help. Not sure if it will but we have tried. We have never been on a large ship like this one only Spirit of Tasmania.

Looking forward to the trip immensely .

[quote We are hoping we won't get sick too. Taking Kwells and ginger tablets just in case. We booked a balcony suite in the middle section of the ship deck 6 as we were told that would probably help. Not sure if it will but we have tried. We have never been on a large ship like this one only Spirit of Tasmania.

We are on the start of the hump cabins on deck 7

Yes, I'm on voyager of the seas. We have booked 3 cabins and we are a group of 8. It's my first cruise too so I'm very excited. I have no idea if I'm going to get sea sick or not. Will just have to be prepared an see what happens.[/quote

We are hoping we won't get sick too. Taking Kwells and ginger tablets just in case. We booked a balcony suite in the middle section of the ship deck 6 as we were told that would probably help. Not sure if it will but we have tried. We have never been on a large ship like this one only Spirit of Tasmania.

Once on board the VOTS if you feel seasick just go to Purser's Desk & ask for some seasick tablets (free). You have to ask now but they are only too happy to give them to you. Not like on Princess line some years ago when had to visit doctor & pay big money for same!

do bring a light jacket/coat as it can be cool on board ship.

also, in the fjords, outside on the deck, it was cold and windy so we were thankful that we'd packed our warm jackets and scarves (we traveled in february)

Archived