Singles to get Double Points

Here I am with our mutual friend. We had a great time and enjoyed our short 3 nights together. Rev is indeed a wonderful and spirited lady.

u9ene6ad.jpg

Wow, the quality of the tapatalk hosted pictures sure has gone down. This is as high resolution as it would allow and it is really grainy. :( And I paid for the photo hosting by tapatalk.

It's like Mutt and Jeff. Why am I so short:eek: Actually I love the picture because I remember what I was doing at the time.

Thanks for posting it Gina.

Rev

Shelley and CJ helped me out big time......so maybe there are so more competent ones that we think.............resolutions on the other hand:rolleyes: I had one flat out lie to me....don't play me for a fool...

Glad to hear that. Let's just say that they are the "younger" generation while at Wichita they were the more "experienced" generation!:p

Oh phone with Brittany now....told her she is a celebrity......her name is being mentioned on here and FB for the past 24 hours......:D:D

She really is a sweetheart.

Geez, that single ressie I have for next year is getting worn through with me making notes, erasing them, making more notes, erasing them. I hope we have this all sorted out now.

Thanks to everyone for being our voice in this!!

Peggy: DO NOT under any circumstances CHANGE anything on that reservation. As long as you don't touch it, any benefit that you should have received at the time of booking will stay. Make changes, and the bad stuff being discussed on this thread attacks your booking.

I called the C&A D+ line about a month ago to get my 150% single supplement and balcony discounts applied. The agent on the phone was able to apply the balcony discounts right away but had to have a supervisor apply the 150% discount. Both were applied within a half hour, so it seems that some RCI staff know what they are doing. BTW, when I reached 340 points I emailed C&A to ask that the 150% discount and the balcony discount were combinable and the reply I received said they were.

A month ago, none of this was going on. That's the reason that you had it done swiftly and easily.

:)

I am now going to sum up the current situation.

1. Solo cruisers are now receiving an extra point per night cruised.

2. Solo cruisers will now pay exactly what two people would pay, less ONLY one of the "taxes and fees" line.

3. Solo cruisers who have 350 or more cruise points will pay 150% of the FULL cruise fare: 150% of the fare and 150% of the NCCF. (but only one set of taxes & fees, of course) (Keep your eyes peeled for those good Tuesday sales with even further reduced supplements!)

4. Solo cruisers with 350 or more points who choose to sail in a balcony (any cabin with a balcony) cabin will be able to use the balcony discount, along with the 150% single supplement.

5. Solo cruisers with 350 or more points who are sailing on a cruise that happens to have a C&A certificate/coupon available (and are not using the balcony discount) will be able to use the coupon along with the 150% single supplement.

6. Solo cruisers with 350 points or more will NOT be able to combine the 150% cruise fare benefit with a residency rate, a military/EMT rate or a senior rate. You may choose whichever is most advantageous for you.

7. NCCF. A more nebulous subject. All of us who talked to Brittany/Brittney should expect a call from a member of Adam's staff. Apparently, "he" made this change. I almost get the feeling that if enough of us bombard him ON THIS TOPIC, he may change his mind. She claims that he read all of our letters, although he has other people respond to them.

Edited by Merion_Mom

2. Solo cruisers will now pay exactly what two people would pay, less ONLY one of the "taxes and fees" line.

3. Solo cruisers who have 350 or more cruise points will pay 150% of the FULL cruise fare: 150% of the fare and 150% of the NCCF. (but only one set of taxes & fees, of course) (Keep your eyes peeled for those good Tuesday sales with even further reduced supplements!)

4. Solo cruisers with 350 or more points who choose to sail in a balcony (any cabin with a balcony) cabin will be able to use the balcony discount, along with the 150% single supplement.

5. Solo cruisers with 350 or more points who are sailing on a cruise that happens to have a C&A certificate/coupon available (and are not using the balcony discount) will be able to use the coupon along with the 150% single supplement.

6. Solo cruisers with 350 points or more will NOT be able to combine the 150% cruise fare benefit with a residency rate, a military/EMT rate or a senior rate. You may choose whichever is most advantageous for you.

7. NCCF. A more nebulous subject. All of us who talked to Brittany/Brittney should expect a call from a member of Adam's staff. Apparently, "he" made this change. I almost get the feeling that if enough of us bombard him ON THIS TOPIC, he may change his mind. She claims that he read all of our letters, although he has other people respond to them.

Carol I wonder do you think it may be an idea to add into your summary -

Solo cruisers in Studio Balconies or Studio Interiors do NOT get the extra credit. (even though folks here did calculate there is actually a supplement in the price for solo cruisers)

Thank you, Patti. :)

Did I miss anything in my summation?

Ya know, since I don't cruise solo, I haven't really paid any attention. But it sure was a nice list you put together!:p

Since you're such a stickler to detail (being of the teaching profession) I just wanted you to know, for future reference, which spelling of her name was correct.;)

Edited by cruisenfever

I believe the reduced single supplement begins at 340 points? Has this changed?

Ya know, since I don't cruise solo, I haven't really paid any attention. But it sure was a nice list you put together!:p

Since you're such a stickler to detail (being of the teaching profession) I just wanted you to know, for future reference, which spelling of her name was correct.;)

And I appreciate it! :)

Any time you want to cruise and want a roommate, let me know! :)

Thanks! I will keep that in mind!!! I have an elder with me 24/7, so I usually prefer to go by myself for total "me" time. But it is getting very expensive to cruise solo now.

Edited by Mystaken

Great job Carol! Would you please explain the nebulous NCCF as it applies to solo cruising!

Great job Carol! Would you please explain the nebulous NCCF as it applies to solo cruising!

Celia, it used to be - before October 27, 2013 - that when RC computed the 150% solo fare, it was only ONE NCCF and ONE AND A HALF of the cruise fare.

NOW they are charging 150% of the whole thing.

Before: cruise fare = 800 NCCF = 200 taxes & fees = 100

(Normal cruiser only sees "cruise fare is $1,000 + $100 taxes"; two people in cabin = $2200)

340 point or above cruiser would be charged, sailing solo: 800 + 50% of 800 + 200 + 100 = $1500.

NOW:

cruise fare = 800 NCCF = 200 taxes & fees = 100

340 point or above cruiser will now pay $800 + 50% of 800 + 200 + 50% of 200 + 100 = $1600

Edited by Merion_Mom

7. Cruising in a studio interior or balcony cabin, which are intended by RC for single occupancy, is not subject to any solo discount. Nor does such a cruiser get the additional cruise point per night.

What RCCL ships have balcony cabins intended for single occupancy only ?

Celia, it used to be - before October 27, 2013 - that when RC computed the 150% solo fare, it was only ONE NCCF and ONE AND A HALF of the cruise fare.

(Normal cruiser only sees "cruise fare is $1,000 + $100 taxes"; two people in cabin = $2200)

340 point or above cruiser would be charged, sailing solo: 800 + 50% of 800 + 200 + 100 = $1500.

NOW:

340 point or above cruiser will now pay $800 + 50% of 800 + 200 + 50% of 200 + 100 = $1600

Thanks Carol! I can see why that is a bone of contention but I don't think we'll see a change on that one. :(

I believe Quantum will have Super Studio Balcony staterooms with no single supplement, category SB.

Edited by clarea

NOW:

So to complete this (for lowly less than 340 point solo cruisers):

Before would be: 800 + 800 + 200+ 100 = $1900

Now would be: 800+800+200+200+100 = $2100, right?

Edited by deedeetoo

I believe Quantum will have Super Studio Balcony staterooms with no single supplement, category SB.

Currently..Quantum, Brilliance and Serenade

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...I&cabinType=UI

Only Quantum has single balcony cabins. The other cabins cited by Caribbean King are interiors.