Thursday - 10-10-13 Weigh-In Thread - All Welcome

Jan_In_Maine

Well I am sure I have gained this week since I am just sitting around and pretty much have to Eat what I am served. However, everyone does know that I am trying to be good. Can't weigh though. Can't stand up to weigh and cast probably weighs 10 lbs anyway. Lol.

I plan on continuing to check in here though to cheer you all on and hopefully keep myself focused on not eating too much of the wrong things while I can't exercise.

Maybe if y'all each exercise an extra 30 minutes or walk an extra 2 miles this week for me I won't gain as much! Lol!

Good luck on the scales to everyone this week.

Hi all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread.

skiiergirl ~ sorry to hear about your broken ankle. Sure hope you can avoid surgery.

Well I have good news for a change. I lost the 2.8 lbs I gained the previous week. I haven't be having dessert lately & have been paying attention to my snacking & just eating 100 calorie portions. I have 11 lbs to lose to be where I want to be & just 3 weeks 'til my cruise.:(

Have a good week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all

As usual, congrats to those who are losing (Jo, good job!) and to those who might be struggling (skiiergirl, hang in there!).

I'm the same this week. Not bad since I didn't reach my 50 mile goal this week. Fell quite a bit short as we had company last weekend and my mom's been in the hospital with pneumonia for the last week. For obvious reasons then, my focus has been elsewhere. I'm hoping for a better week coming up.

Good luck everyone,

Michelle

Hi all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread.

skiiergirl ~ sorry to hear about your broken ankle. Sure hope you can avoid surgery.

Well I have good news for a change. I lost the 2.8 lbs I gained the previous week. I haven't be having dessert lately & have been paying attention to my snacking & just eating 100 calorie portions. I have 11 lbs to lose to be where I want to be & just 3 weeks 'til my cruise.:(

Have a good week!

Thanks!

Hi all

As usual, congrats to those who are losing (Jo, good job!) and to those who might be struggling (skiiergirl, hang in there!).

I'm the same this week. Not bad since I didn't reach my 50 mile goal this week. Fell quite a bit short as we had company last weekend and my mom's been in the hospital with pneumonia for the last week. For obvious reasons then, my focus has been elsewhere. I'm hoping for a better week coming up.

Good luck everyone,

Michelle

Gosh....you hang in there also. Staying the same is not bad at all with the things you have dealt with this week.

Congratulations Jo .. nice loss.

Michelle - staying the same is good ... much better than gaining!!!:D Hope your mom is doing better .. Is she still in the hospital?

Skiiergirl -- Shoot, forgot your name again!!! ... I broke my foot a few years ago and having a bathroom upstairs was not fun ... I ended up going up and down the stairs on my bum ... We don't realize how much we take for granted until something doesn't work right.

I went to the gym tonight, it felt good to get back ... need to get back into the grove of 4 times per week. Its so easy to get off track!:rolleyes:

I am down 1.4# this week ... still have 2.2# to get back to where I was before the 8/17 cruise ... how come it is so much easier to gain it than to lose it!!! I now have 6.1# to be "normal" and 16.1# to my goal. Jan

Hi from Plymouth England. Over the last 2 years my wife has lost 11 stone (154lbs), after having a gastric bypass. Now she has got me at it. We are booked on Independence of the Seas in June 2014 for our 30th wedding anniversary. I've set myself to lose a sack of spuds (56lbs) by then. Lost 7 pounds since starting. Good luck to all others that are losing.

I've stopped worrying about weight, and now measure body fat. 23.5% this morning. My goal is 20%. My weight has plateaued but I keep losing inches, which means I'm building muscle to replace the fat I've lost.

Hi all!

Plymouthmerlin67 ~ welcome to the thread!:D Wow that's quite a lot of weight your wife lost, close to what I weigh now!! Good for her! What are you doing to lose your "sack of potatoes"?

ducklite ~ how does one measure body fat please?

ozarkmama ~ I'll have to check out where you're cruising as I'll be in the Caribbean after Nov 3. Wonder if we'll have any shared ports.

See you tomorrow on the new thread! I'm not holding much hope for a weight loss as it was Thanksgiving here on the weekend & pumpkin pie was involved!:o

There are several ways to measure body fat, the most practical for the average person is by using a handheld device, about $30 at many sporting goods stores, some pharmacies, and even Wal-Mart with what I understand.

Good evening. i am just being careful what i eat. whereas before i would go for a chinese or kebab when i reach my destination (i drive coaches). Now i bring my supper with me. diet coke an sweeteners in coffee. for snack i now have an alpen bar. quite like the strawberry and yoghurt flavor. ill have a weight watchers yoghurt and an apple. i have said to the wife that when i lose a stone which be a quarter way to my target i will take her out for the evening. theatre or cinema then a meal .

Archived