Voyager of the Seas - some questions from a first timer

Walk past the regular Buffet and go to the Grill/BBQ area I think it is? There is a section on the other side of the Buffet that does snags fried onions french fries (Chips to me lol) hamburgers steaks chops etc.

Always seemed to be low clientele? but after a shore day it was heaven:)

All the above on a plate minus the Buns with gravy & mustards from the regular buffet:):):)

You just cant beat Chips & Gravy after a long shore tour:)

[quote name='Ladytainn']We were on Voyager on the Japan cruise in September, room 6312 , a balcony, we had a kettle tea and coffee, although we take our own tea bags, the tea was shocking IMHO. I've never cruised with RCI before but have been on several other lines. We found the room very well organised, enough power points for charging, making tea etc, hair dryer plugs in in the drawer.
For our cruise we had to get ice show tickets on the morning of the show in the promenade, but from what others have Said that isn't the norm, a lot of things re changed for Asian cruises we discovered. If you miss tickets just go down to the last show and wait, they left enough space for everyone to go once, we actually wondered why we wasted time queuing for tickets.[/QUOTE]

You mention enough powerpoints in the cabin but do you need to take adapter converters or do they suit Aussie plugs?

Also, we had kettle in our inside cabin, all cabins had them. This next cruise we are in a JS so we have a kettle and coffee machine, and from what I have heard if you are in an inside or an outside and you ask your steward nicely, they will get you a coffee machine. Fiona :)[/QUOTE]

Do they supply the coffee for the machines or do you take your own coffee.

[quote name='Kingos']Also, we had kettle in our inside cabin, all cabins had them. This next cruise we are in a JS so we have a kettle and coffee machine, and from what I have heard if you are in an inside or an outside and you ask your steward nicely, they will get you a coffee machine. Fiona :)[/QUOTE]

Do they supply the coffee for the machines or do you take your own coffee.[/QUOTE]
They supply, it's very strong, so if you have a favourite brand, maybe take your own. A lot of people don't even use the coffee machine instead take things on like the Robert tims coffee bags and use. Easier and quicker and no mess. :)

[quote name='tassie cruiser'] Re power adapters , our last RCCL cruise we took US and European and the European worked perfectly but the US didn't. So, I think the European is the adapter we need on RCCL. Diamond princess we took both but used US. So US for Princess and European for RCCL.
[/QUOTE]

How many European power points are there and where are they located? (bathroom? Room? Etc)

[quote name='Sydney32203']How many European power points are there and where are they located? (bathroom? Room? Etc)[/QUOTE]

Most International ships normally have outlets in desk area for both .. 110VAC 2 flat vertical pins USA. PLUS outlets of 220VAC, 2 round pins European. You will need adaptors for YOUR PLUGS. BUT, most equip, like phones, laptops,e-readers etc. have a universal voltage input. (Check YOUR equipment plug).
Bathroom outlet is really set up for electric shavers only..

S and P

[quote name='cruisepartygirl']You mention enough powerpoints in the cabin but do you need to take adapter converters or do they suit Aussie plugs?[/QUOTE]

You will need a european 2 round pin to Australian 3 pin for anything that runs 220-240 volts like a hair curling wand/heated rollers/hair straightener.

You will need a USA 2 flat pin to Australian 2 or 3 pin to use the USA 110v which will be fine for all of your camera/laptop/tablet/phone needs.

You cannot run Australian 240v equipment off the USA 110v but you can run Australian 240v off the european 220v.

Universal plug adaptors sell out very quick on board so you are best to get a couple before you go,most $2 shops have both types:)

[quote name='Sydney32203']Is the Sea Pass the 'key' to my cabin as well? Do they give Sea Passes to children too?[/quote]

Yes, they give key card to children.
Depending on the age of your children, a suggestion -- We used to keep them in the safe and only put them with mom's when we all went ashore so they did not get lost.
But, on our last cruise, 9 yr old wanted to keep his own. so, we took lanyards with us, and had guest services punch a hole in the corner so he could wear it.
If it is lost, not a real biggie - guest services will reissue. But be extremely careful it does not get lost ashore - we still put his with moms that cruise when we went ashore - did not want a big hassle getting back on the ship.
Kids feel empowered when they think they have some control - part of growing up.
Guest services told us they get a lot of lost cards from the pool skimmers every day!!

Our first stop is in Auckland arriving at 3pm. Not sure how long it will take to get off the ship but we plan to go to the Sky Tower. We will not be going on the ship excursion so not sure what else we can do on our own apart front he Sky Tower.

My plan is to get to a 2 degrees shop to buy a SIM card and get them to activate our phones. Has anyone connected to a 2 degrees SIM before? Does it take long? Can it all be done at the store? Is there a store close to the port on the way to the Sky Tower?

Also, does anyone know if we can get reception while cruising around NZ? Or just when we are in port?

Thanks.

[quote name='Sydney32203']Our first stop is in Auckland arriving at 3pm. Not sure how long it will take to get off the ship but we plan to go to the Sky Tower. We will not be going on the ship excursion so not sure what else we can do on our own apart front he Sky Tower.

My plan is to get to a 2 degrees shop to buy a SIM card and get them to activate our phones. Has anyone connected to a 2 degrees SIM before? Does it take long? Can it all be done at the store? Is there a store close to the port on the way to the Sky Tower?

Also, does anyone know if we can get reception while cruising around NZ? Or just when we are in port?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Arrival in Auckland is scheduled for 8AM .
Your Telstra sim will work in NZ call cost around $1.80 per minute if you need to use data go to a coffee shop with Wifi
Signal from the ship while traveling is very hit and miss probably more miss .
Karl

[quote name='Kruser Karl']Arrival in Auckland is scheduled for 8AM .
Your Telstra sim will work in NZ call cost around $1.80 per minute if you need to use data go to a coffee shop with Wifi
Signal from the ship while traveling is very hit and miss probably more miss .
Karl[/QUOTE]

Karl, are you on the same cruise as I am...23 Nov 2013? My itinerary says arrival 3pm.

I dont have a Telstra sim. I'm with Vodafone AKA Vodafail :p

[quote name='Sydney32203']Karl, are you on the same cruise as I am...23 Nov 2013? My itinerary says arrival 3pm.

I dont have a Telstra sim. I'm with Vodafone AKA Vodafail :p[/QUOTE]

Oops, no we are on the 9 th Nov cruise good luck with your phone perhaps just leave it at home.
Karl

I understand that we are not allowed to take any food when we get off the ship in NZ but are we allowed to take water with us? The water will be in our drinking bottles. Also, are we allowed to take some unopened packet snacks and cookies for our kids when we go on our land excursions?

[quote name='Sydney32203']I understand that we are not allowed to take any food when we get off the ship in NZ but are we allowed to take water with us? The water will be in our drinking bottles. Also, are we allowed to take some unopened packet snacks and cookies for our kids when we go on our land excursions?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're supposed to, but we did. We took bottles of water off on the New Caledonia islands. We also took onboard with us some muesli bars and took these off at ports and sometimes back on again.

[quote name='Sydney32203']Karl, are you on the same cruise as I am...23 Nov 2013? My itinerary says arrival 3pm.

I dont have a Telstra sim. I'm with Vodafone AKA Vodafail :p[/QUOTE]

Are U doing the 14 day NZ cruise? We are doing the same route in February & the Auckland time sounds the same as our itinerary. Please let me know all about ur cruise when u get back so I am prepared.

Is there any way we can private message on here, so I dont bore everyone with all my questions? :eek:

[quote name='Sydney32203']I understand that we are not allowed to take any food when we get off the ship in NZ but are we allowed to take water with us? The water will be in our drinking bottles. Also, are we allowed to take some unopened packet snacks and cookies for our kids when we go on our land excursions?[/QUOTE]

NZ quarantine are VERY strict so make sure whatever food you take you declare to them. Generally processed/cooked foods are fine, but anything raw (fruit, nuts, etc) are not allowed.

[quote name='Sapphire57']Are U doing the 14 day NZ cruise? We are doing the same route in February & the Auckland time sounds the same as our itinerary. Please let me know all about ur cruise when u get back so I am prepared.

Is there any way we can private message on here, so I dont bore everyone with all my questions? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yes, going on the 23rd Nov....less than 3 weeks!:) I don't know how to private message but feel free to ask all your questions on here. I'm sure there are other people who would be interested or may have the same questions and those who know the answers would love to help.

[quote name='Sydney32203']Does anyone know if Voyager of The Seas have changed over to the new menu yet in the main dining room?[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure if voyager has.

Is this the new menu??

[url]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

[quote name='Liliny']I'm unsure if voyager has.

Is this the new menu??

[url]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL][/QUOTE]

No, that is the old menu.

This is the link to the post where others are discussing the new menu [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687739[/url]

Spotted the Voyager off the coast of Forster this morning, she's on her way to pick up all the lucky cruisers, must be only a 2 nighter as I notice on the ports shipping schedule she is due in and out again on the 9th. Enjoy everyone:) Robin

[quote name='Sydney32203']Yes, going on the 23rd Nov....less than 3 weeks!:) I don't know how to private message but feel free to ask all your questions on here. I'm sure there are other people who would be interested or may have the same questions and those who know the answers would love to help.[/QUOTE]

No probs posting on here, I just want to know everything, :D first time cruiser here.
Are u doing any shore excursions? If so which ones? Are they cruise ones? Love to hear ur feedback....on everything & anything.
What deck are u on? We have a promenade room on deck 7.
What's to do during the day on cruise days, ie whats listed in the compas newspaper? ? Any chance of getting pics or copies posted online? ?
I can go on but that will do for starters. Thanks!

Sapphire 57

[quote name='Sapphire57']No probs posting on here, I just want to know everything, :D first time cruiser here.
Are u doing any shore excursions? If so which ones? Are they cruise ones? Love to hear ur feedback....on everything & anything.
What deck are u on? We have a promenade room on deck 7.
What's to do during the day on cruise days, ie whats listed in the compas newspaper? ? Any chance of getting pics or copies posted online? ?
I can go on but that will do for starters. Thanks!

Sapphire 57[/QUOTE]

Since I'm a first timer too we have decided to book all our excursions through the ship.

Auckland - doing our own thing. Going stright to a 2 degrees shop to get my SIM card then We will be going to the Sky Tower and then walking around the city

Tauranga - ship excursion TR45 Rotorua Thermal Outing & Blue Bath Tea

Napier - ship excursion. NR80 Hawkes Bay Express Tour $61.50/$51.00. I checked this on the tour website and they normally charge $50 so for $61.50 through the ship I thought the price was alright.

Wellington - Ships excursion. WL43 Zealandia Sanctuary & Cable Car Experience

I am on deck 7 balcony just at the end of the hump.