Advice re dining mistake!

Peardrop

Hello

To cut the story short we are travelling later on this month with friends, in a group of 12 (6 reservations for 2 people each). We originally booked early dining and decided to swap to MTD. I rang our TA who changed us all to MTD however by mistake she wait listed 2 of the reservations (4 people) for late sitting. When I saw this online I realised the mistake so I rang the next morning to ask them to remove the wait list, but in that short space of time, those 4 people have been put on the late sitting and MTD is now full!!

It was a genuine mistake by the TA who has been extremely apologetic about it, and she has now wait listed the 2 couples for MTD but I'm concerned that if no spaces open up, our group could be split for dinner. She has also spoken to RCI who have emailed the ship (Indy) but nothing has been heard back yet. I'm not sure whether to try and forget about this and if it's still an issue onboard go and plead at the dining room for them to try and squeeze the rest of our party in, or is there anything else I can try in the meantime that may help??

Thank you for any advice you may have

:)

Thank you both :)

The 6 bookings have all been linked since we initially booked a year ago, so hopefully this will also help. Perhaps I could give it a week or so and at that point (10 days before sailing) I could email dining myself.

Had a similar situation on our upcoming trip. Four cabins linked since day one, when one made a change to their cabin somehow they got dumped into traditional late dining and out of MTD. They were waitlisted for MTD when we discovered the problem.

Well, reservations opened up this past Sunday for MTD, and since we are a party of 8 wanted to get the reservations done immediately. The one cabin was waitlisted still. I called a PVP and he was able to get them out of waitlist and do all 8 nights worth of dinner reservations on the phone for me - tremendous help:D.

Thank you all for your advice. Just to let you know that after leaving it in the TA's hands for a few days, I decided to just email rcl dining myself, and within 3 hours I had a reply reassuring me that all reservations were now on MTD. What great service, and such a quick response!

:)

Archived