Oct 12 New England cruise boarding

Arizona-Cruising

Hi Arizona Cruiser! Looks like you're doing our itinerary in reverse. Are you doing a "LIVE"?

I have a couple of questions:

1- were the wine police in full operation? Table set up for excess wine fees?

2- what time were you allowed to board?

3-How long did it take to get your luggage?

Any tips! We'll be there when you arrive on Saturday! :D:D:D

Bon Voyage!!!

Hi Arizona Cruiser! Looks like you're doing our itinerary in reverse. Are you doing a "LIVE"?

Bon Voyage!!!

Jumping in here. We just returned from the CB on Saturday. In response to your questions:

1. I went thru the security, I was asked if I had "liquor". I said I had one bottle of wine and he said "Ok, just keep walking". So I did and that was it! I did not notice any 'table' anywhere.

2. We arrived at the port around 11:15, was handed boarding group #12, waited in the large waiting area, was on board a little after noon and at the Coral DR on deck 6 eating lunch by 12:30. (Staff will NOT tell you this DR is available for lunch. They will instruct you to go to go to the HC.)

3. Before going to the Coral DR, we went to our cabin and dropped off our carry-ons. By the time we returned after lunch, our luggage was in our cabin.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Enjoy the trip-safe sailing!

Jumping in here. We just returned from the CB on Saturday. In response to your questions:

1. I went thru the security, I was asked if I had "liquor". I said I had one bottle of wine and he said "Ok, just keep walking". So I did and that was it! I did not notice any 'table' anywhere.

2. We arrived at the port around 11:15, was handed boarding group #12, waited in the large waiting area, was on board a little after noon and at the Coral DR on deck 6 eating lunch by 12:30. (Staff will NOT tell you this DR is available for lunch. They will instruct you to go to go to the HC.)

3. Before going to the Coral DR, we went to our cabin and dropped off our carry-ons. By the time we returned after lunch, our luggage was in our cabin.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Enjoy the trip-safe sailing!

Thank you!:)

Yes. There was a table set up to the right of the security checkpoint. Anyone with a bottle of anything that was seen in the x-ray machine, was directed to the table where you had to open your carry on and show them what was in it. I had sparkling cider and OJ so I was waived through. 3 friends had one bottle each. There cabin numbers were recorded on a sheet of paper.

2- what time were you allowed to board? We are Elite, so we boarded around 11:45.

3-How long did it take to get your luggage? Went to lunch in the MDR, and by the time we got back, the luggage was there.

Bon Voyage!!!

We sailed on the CB Sept 28th. Our experience is above.

Bon Voyage!!!

I know you are on board, Thanks to all the CC members who answered for you.

I did not do a live report as you can see, but I do have a lot of respect for those who do, we were so busy and both of the first 2 stops took all day and then dinner entertainment and fall into bed to awake early to start over....

The internet can be slow at times so you check what you need and be done.

Boarding goes smooth and luggage on this cruise gets to your room quickly 1 piece was there and the others followed.

My only suggestion is to wait and buy drink cards and Internet minutes till you leave NY harbor, NY charges an additional tax on each purchase made in the port area its only $8.00 more the principal of the charge.

We went to Halifax first due to Columbus day festivities at Mondays stop, and it was Thanksgiving in Halifax which made the streets very quite and a bit of a less crowd to get around.

I would highly recommend this cruise of Halifax first in future it was nice being on the ocean the first day and night.

Enjoy and not sure what smooth waters are to some so glad I brought my ginger capsules because we rocked a lot. But well worth the fun!

We're in bar harbor today. Weather grey but no rain and not freezing. Thought you'd be interested to know room service guy said "man overboard" occurred transferring from tender to ship. Seas less than two feet ( my estimate) so I don't know what happened. Will post more if I find out.

Archived