iConcierge

Debbie1029

Can anyone tell me how the iConcierge app works? Would like to be able to text or phone others on board with me. Don't want to incur any unexpected roaming or data charges when I get home. Thanks for a lay mans explanation!

I have not sailed yet but from what I understand, you can download the app before getting on the ship- it won't work until on the ship- you pay $7.95 per device(so the people you want to text have to pay also) then you can text unlimited thruout the week, not sure about calling each other though.

I already have this downloaded - I thought there was NO fee to use if you want to book specialty restaurants, shows, or check your spending balance. You list 7.95 if you pay to text - FREE??? if you don't text? Also, should you put phone in airplane mode to make sure no extra roaming charges? Thanks!

If you put your phone in airplane mode you won't be able to book the restaurants or anything, it will do nothing. You need to turn off cellular data.

Agreed. On an iPhone/iPad the easiest way to do that is to put it into airplane mode, then re-enable wi-fi. On iOS 7, just swipe up from the bottom, hit the airplane icon, then hit the wi-fi icon.

Agreed. On an iPhone/iPad the easiest way to do that is to put it into airplane mode, then re-enable wi-fi. On iOS 7, just swipe up from the bottom, hit the airplane icon, then hit the wi-fi icon.

That works as well! I walkways turn it off in settings because then I can't accidentally turn it back on lol.

Tina and the gang!

Have used it fine on Epic and Breakaway. Yes only the newer ships.

On Epic you need to connect to the iconcierge wifi (not the internet one) with password mobileapp then register on your phone.

Once connected to the wifi and the app launched you can use it to call restaurants, housekeeping, see the dailies, account, book excursions, restaurants and ents.

The extra $7.99 fee us to enable internal voice calls to cabin phones and other users of the system as well as text messages (via the app not your phones message) to internal users. Anything sent to people off the ship phone or text is still chargeable at your operators rate.

The best is disable roaming (prevents voice calls) and disable mobile data (prevents GPRS/edge/3G) and just leave it on wifi only.

Archived