new Carnival counter at MIA

nmac30

I leave in 18 days for the Breeze. I am wondering have anybody use the new Carnival Counter at the MIA. I am debating on buying transfers or taking taxi. However I heard you can pay for transfer at the new Carnival Counter; plus they check your luggage.

I leave in 18 days for the Breeze. I am wondering have anybody use the new Carnival Counter at the MIA. I am debating on buying transfers or taking taxi. However I heard you can pay for transfer at the new Carnival Counter; plus they check your luggage.

The check in counter at MIA will NOT check in your luggage. You will have to carry it with you to the port. As far as transportation I'd suggest you just pay for a Taxi because if you pay for Carnival's shuttle, you will wait a long time for the shuttle to fill up before you head to the port.

Also this service is available the day of your cruise only so if your flying in a day early it really wouldn't work out. See you on the Breeze =)

Taxi is cheaper ($24+tip flat rate for the cab, not per person) and faster than the cruise transfer bus. Lines of cabs at MIA waiting to take you to the port. Same line of cabs and fare at POM after your cruise waiting to take you to MIA. Good luck! :)

In August we checked in at MIA - fast and convenient - and the shuttle left right after we checked in. This was about 10:30 AM. Just to confirm though, they do not take your luggage, and you do have to bring it to the Port.

Us too, we fly in FLL though, cheaper airfare. I would take a taxi. Carnival charges something like $15 each. A taxi may be cheaper if not the around the same. Besides, you can leave when you want and it will be less crowded and shuffling around. See you on the ship!!!!!

We did it in sept and loved it, got off plane, got bags, checked in at carnival desk, got pass to get on boat, hailed taxi 20.00, went to port, walked thru security with our pass card, walked right on ship.... Will do this every time we cruise out of Mia...the check in desk at the airport had two people in line and the port had hundreds.

Do the hire car companies offer transfers to the port ?

From MIA National, Alamo, Thrifty (and maybe Enterprise) offer free POM shuttle service. Check the FLA departure board where this is often discussed. Good luck! :)

We did it in sept and loved it, got off plane, got bags, checked in at carnival desk, got pass to get on boat, hailed taxi 20.00, went to port, walked thru security with our pass card, walked right on ship.... Will do this every time we cruise out of Mia...the check in desk at the airport had two people in line and the port had hundreds.

Yep, you've got the right idea :cool: that's the kind of embarkation I like!

Archived