Blue Lagoon Excursion

erikac1977

Confused... help!

Blue Lagoon All inclusive Beach Day pass show --- Adult $54 and child $42 via the http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/reservations.php

NCL has it as $54 and 39 (adult/child) --- i assume its not all inclusive.

What is the difference...

Does anyone recommend a company to book the Blue Lagoon trip from the cruise docks in advance that maybe cheaper than cruise? OR do you recommend just going there on your own via a cab or ferry?

Confused... help!

Blue Lagoon All inclusive Beach Day pass show --- Adult $54 and child $42 via the http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/reservations.php

NCL has it as $54 and 39 (adult/child) --- i assume its not all inclusive.

What is the difference...

Does anyone recommend a company to book the Blue Lagoon trip from the cruise docks in advance that maybe cheaper than cruise? OR do you recommend just going there on your own via a cab or ferry?

The site you listed is the actual tour operator. The only group that picks up at the cruise dock are those sponsored by the cruise ships, otherwise, you have to go to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to get your wristbands and board the ferry.

Since there is really no price difference. I'd go with the cruise tour.

All inclusive refers to a lunch voucher (1 lunch and non-alcoholic drink), and water toys.

The details are listed on the site.

I doubt there is a difference between the 2, although, sometimes the lunch differs for the cruise groups. (no real improvement).

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how much a cab ride would be for 5 people to get from the cruise port to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal? We have booked the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day and just have to get transportation to the ferry terminal. Thanks for your help!:)

Can anyone tell me how much a cab ride would be for 5 people to get from the cruise port to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal? We have booked the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day and just have to get transportation to the ferry terminal. Thanks for your help!:)

Yes, if you book direct, it's about $20 cab fare to the ferry terminal. About a ten minute van ride. They pick up 10-12 people at a time. Our last trip we did it this way, and it was time consuming doing it direct and with the cab fare cost more. If the cruise line charges about the same as the island, definitely go with the cruise tour. Hands down easier. You get ferry right from the cruise ship, no cab needed. You go straight to the island and avoid the ferry terminal altogether. More time on the island. I will only do the cruise tour now. Plus, if you are late back, the ship will wait for you. If on your own, the cruise ship has no idea where you are, and will leave Nassau without you. Yikes! Plenty of youtube videos of people getting left behind.

One more thing. If you do do it on your own, the ferry back will typically take you all the way back to the cruise ship, so no need for a cab on the return leg.

Have a gat time whichever you choose to do. This will be our third visit next week to BL Island, and we can't wait. Great beach day.

I'm thinking of doing this also, when I'm on the BA in December. Reading the reviews on NCL's website, it says that you return on the 2pm ferry back, if you're booked through NCL. Would we be able to stay until the 4pm ferry? Or are we obligated to go back at 2? Would prefer to stay as long as possible.

Is the walk on the pier really 1/2-1 mile long?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of doing this also, when I'm on the BA in December. Reading the reviews on NCL's website, it says that you return on the 2pm ferry back, if you're booked through NCL. Would we be able to stay until the 4pm ferry? Or are we obligated to go back at 2? Would prefer to stay as long as possible.

What hours are you in port? Keep in mind that the ferry ride is a good 30 minutes. If your ship leaves at 5, that wouldn't give you enough time.

Is the walk on the pier really 1/2-1 mile long?

It depends on where your ship docks. If you're at the end, it's a bit of a trek, especially since you then have to walk all the way through Festival Place. But even if you're at the end, it's not a mile. Maybe half a mile, at worst.

What hours are you in port? Keep in mind that the ferry ride is a good 30 minutes. If your ship leaves at 5, that wouldn't give you enough time.

It depends on where your ship docks. If you're at the end, it's a bit of a trek, especially since you then have to walk all the way through Festival Place. But even if you're at the end, it's not a mile. Maybe half a mile, at worst.

In port from 8-6pm. Do you that'll be enough time to get back? Will NCL force me to get back on the 2pm ferry? Especially if I buy this through them?

Half a mile isn't too bad. I'm traveling with a 7&9 yo, didn't want them to complain about the walking.

Thanks!

In port from 8-6pm. Do you that'll be enough time to get back? Will NCL force me to get back on the 2pm ferry? Especially if I buy this through them?

Half a mile isn't too bad. I'm traveling with a 7&9 yo, didn't want them to complain about the walking.

Thanks!

It's hard to say. If the 4 o'clock ferry isn't going back to the cruise dock, you'd have to get transportation back from the ferry terminal on Paradise Island at rush hour. If the ferry will drop you off at the cruise dock, you should be ok.

Personally, I'd be more comfortable staying with my group.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Thanks!

In my two previous trips there, the cruise line gives you a choice of which return ferry you take. The reviewer may simply have elected to leave at 2pm. A lot of people leave at 2pm mostly because the other passengers on other cruise lines leave earlier from Nassau. So if you stay 'til the later ferry you have the island to yourself almost.

As I said, we are going there on Thursday next week and we'll report back on whether we can take the 4pm ferry back or not.

Edited by limeyalchemist

The Allure was in port for a shortened stay. I used the cruise excursion to take the Sea Lion Encounter at Blue Lagoon and was concerned about the ferry since they seemed on a fixed schedule. The Allure arranged to have a ferry take us back early. If you do it on your own....I'm not sure when you would get back to the ferry terminal AND then have to get the taxi back to the ship. The ship will always wait for the cruise excursions!