Deciding between NCL Sun and Emerald Princess (South Caribbean, spring 2014)

Seraphine

Hello all! I'm looking for some advice as my family is ready to jump back into cruising after a break this year. Here are our 2 contenders:

1) NCL Sun, 27 March 2014

Miami/Aruba/Curacao/Barbados/Guadeloupe/St Thomas - 11 days

- Guadeloupe would be new for us

- fits school holidays

- not sailed with NCL before

2) Emerald Princess, 8 April

Fort Lauderdale/Aruba/Bonaire/Grenada/Dominica/St Thomas/Princess Cays - 10 days

- Bonaire, Grenada and Dominica would be new for us

- pretty good fit with school bbc real (would have to take a few days off)

- sailed Princess to Alaska, but found people to be reserved and a bit stuffy on that sailing... not much fun.

About us... family of four, kids 8 & 4 years old, not huge sun worshippers but like odd day at the beach. Like good food, a few drinks in the evening, and some comedy shows or a good piano bar would be great!

What can you add to help us sway one way or the other?

Thank you!

Hello all! I'm looking for some advice as my family is ready to jump back into cruising after a break this year. Here are our 2 contenders:

- fits school holidays

- not sailed with NCL before

Fort Lauderdale/Aruba/Bonaire/Grenada/Dominica/St Thomas/Princess Cays - 10 days

- sailed Princess to Alaska, but found people to be reserved and a bit stuffy on that sailing... not much fun.

About us... family of four, kids 8 & 4 years old, not huge sun worshippers but like odd day at the beach. Like good food, a few drinks in the evening, and some comedy shows or a good piano bar would be great!

Thank you!

Never sailed on NCL. Our personal choice has always been Princess for the quiet locations you can find on board.

- fits school holidays

- not sailed with NCL befor

Thank you!

Never sailed Princess, for me I'd choose NCL, just because I like NCL :D

With that being said, I'd compare prices and other considerations like school. The itinary for Princess looks more interesting to me, however on NCL you have the extra day.

FYI I have never noticed any one reserved or stuffy on NCL.

Kamloops 50 - hello from another Interior folk! I grew up in Vernon, but live in Scotland. :-)

Price is pretty similar for both cruises. School holidays are 2 weeks starting beginning of April, but we're in new school district and haven't upset anyone at the council yet, so a few extra days will be fine.

We really liked our Carnival cruises - especially the entertainment. It's just their itineraries are a bit dull after we've sailed there a few times.

Decisions, decisions....

Great itins both. I think my favorite excursion of all time was a tubing adventure on a Dominica river with a hike to a waterfall.Not a ship excursion, booked online. Beautiful island, not too common on most ship itins.

Archived