Should we renew our passports?

Mattypies

Wow you guys are quick!! Thanks for all the input. The problem is that I agree with renew it and I agree with just waiting. We are Canadian, flying into Fort Lauderdale and taking the eastern carribean itinerary on the oasis. Now I maybe more worried about the picture sooo not looking like him than I am of the expiration date!

That information would change many peoples' answer as they provided the answer for a US citizen. I also would recommend that you check with your own passport office.

Wow you guys are quick!! Thanks for all the input. The problem is that I agree with renew it and I agree with just waiting. We are Canadian, flying into Fort Lauderdale and taking the eastern carribean itinerary on the oasis. Now I maybe more worried about the picture sooo not looking like him than I am of the expiration date!

http://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states

From the above referenced Canadian website (for U.S. Travel):

"Land and water travel

Canadian citizens must present one of the following valid Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant documents when entering the U.S. by land or water:

-a passport, which must be valid until the date of expected departure; or

- a NEXUS card;

- a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card;

-an enhanced driver’s licence (EDL) or enhanced identification card (EIC) from a province or territory where a U.S.-approved EDL/EIC program has been implemented; or

-a Secure Certificate of Indian Status.

Canadian citizens aged 15 and under require proof of citizenship, such as an original or a copy of a birth certificate, or an original Canadian citizenship card. Canadian citizens aged 18 and under who are travelling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision with parental/guardian consent, may present proof of citizenship alone.

Canadians who are permanent residents of the U.S. must comply with special entry requirements. For more information, consult U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The most important formality on entering the U.S. is providing proof of your Canadian citizenship. Your Canadian passport is the best document to prove your Canadian citizenship and your right to return to Canada.

The U.S. Visa Waiver Program requires visitors from various countries to have machine readable passports to enter the U.S. Canadian citizens are exempt from this program.

Non-citizen permanent residents of Canada (and their children) as well as a list of other people require a non-immigrant visa to enter the U.S. Additional information is available from Passport Canada and from the Embassy of the United States of America in Ottawa."

Why do people give all the misinformation?????

A USA passport is good to get back into the USA until the day it expires.

Non of the Caribbean countries require a passport to enter. That is why the majority don't even have a passport since they only cruise the Caribbean.

For those that think otherwise does everyone that travels on a closed loop have a passport?

Why do people give all the misinformation?????

A USA passport is good to get back into the USA until the day it expires.

Non of the Caribbean countries require a passport to enter. That is why the majority don't even have a passport since they only cruise the Caribbean.

For those that think otherwise does everyone that travels on a closed loop have a passport?

What you say is true but the OP is Canadian.

Archived