Feb 18, 2014 - Cabo Questions for Bill

taxjam

Bill,

My wife and I are booked on the February 18, 2014 Quest cruise (LA to Caldera Costa Rica) and have several planning questions relating to Quest's stay in Cabo San Lucas:

1. The "Sailing Itinerary" posted on the website (under "Already Booked/Cruise Calendar") indicates that Quest will arrive in Cabo San Lucas on February 20, 2014 at 7:30PM. We booked the Azamazing Evening which is also scheduled for February 20, 2014 at 7:00PM. The evening requires a tender. I do not think listing 7:30PM is a simple typo (meaning 7:30AM) because the regular land discoveries are not listed for that day and it is about 900 miles. Can you find out the actual time Quest will arrive in Cabo?

2. The "Sailing Itinerary" posted on the website indicates that Quest will depart Cabo San Lucas on February 21, 2014 at 10:00PM. We are planning to do something in Cabo from 3PM to 6PM. Is the 10PM departure time accurate? It seemed odd that all of the ship's excursions left in the morning and none were scheduled for the afternoon?

3. We are also thinking of planning something for 8AM on February 21st. Since all the ship's excursions are scheduled to depart in the morning, we will have an issue trying to get a tender at 7AM?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Bill,

My wife and I are booked on the February 18, 2014 Quest cruise (LA to Caldera Costa Rica) and have several planning questions relating to Quest's stay in Cabo San Lucas:

1. The "Sailing Itinerary" posted on the website (under "Already Booked/Cruise Calendar") indicates that Quest will arrive in Cabo San Lucas on February 20, 2014 at 7:30PM. We booked the Azamazing Evening which is also scheduled for February 20, 2014 at 7:00PM. The evening requires a tender. I do not think listing 7:30PM is a simple typo (meaning 7:30AM) because the regular land discoveries are not listed for that day and it is about 900 miles. Can you find out the actual time Quest will arrive in Cabo?

2. The "Sailing Itinerary" posted on the website indicates that Quest will depart Cabo San Lucas on February 21, 2014 at 10:00PM. We are planning to do something in Cabo from 3PM to 6PM. Is the 10PM departure time accurate? It seemed odd that all of the ship's excursions left in the morning and none were scheduled for the afternoon?

3. We are also thinking of planning something for 8AM on February 21st. Since all the ship's excursions are scheduled to depart in the morning, we will have an issue trying to get a tender at 7AM?

Hello Taxjam -

Please give me some time to investigate the itinerary details with our itinerary planner and shore operations team.

I'll get back to you an explanation.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill,

Hi Bill

We also have a similar query. We arrive in Cabo on 26th January at 6pm We need to be on shore or 8am on the 26th January for our private tour. Is it possible to asserts in when the tenders will commence on the 26th so we can be assured we can make our tour.

Thanks Bill

Vicki Brown

since i am in cabo 3 times in 4 weeks i would say 7ish as guest can come and go whenever. i just left europe and we could be ahore all night and sleep all day if we wanted too.

i am surprise that people do not post on their roll calls as many of us have been there before and done that before

Edited by ellbon

• 2 weeks later...
hi bill - we are all still waiting on an answer re docking time/azamazing eve times conflicting.......... thanks

Hello Cheznick, Taxjam and others -

I'm sorry for the delay and will get back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Cabo San Lucas Visitors -

Thank you for your attention to detail along with your patience as we sorted through the issues.

§ Indeed arrival for Cabo San Lucas on 20 February will be at 19:30 hrs (7:30 PM)! It is a long way from Los Angeles to Cabo and we have programmed a VERY high speed on this sector.

§ The dispatch time for the AzAmazing Evening on 20 February 2014, has been corrected to 19:45 hrs (07:45 PM). The final times and details will be announced onboard.

§ All the tours that are scheduled for Cabo San Lucas will be offered on 21 February 2014.

§ Ships tender times are announced onboard, typically they start early, but that is determined onboard by the ship staff.

Taxjam, our itinerary planner believes that there should be no problem to have a tender at 07:00 hrs (7:00 AM) in Cabo on 21 February; however, it is important you check with the shore excursion concierge onboard to reconfirm when they start tender service in the morning.

The official schedule is shown below and the 10:00 PM Cabo departure is correct. Several of the excursions offered early in the day feature beach and water activities and having part of the afternoon and evening available for leisure time might be welcoming to many.

Date

Port/City

Activity

Arrival

Depart

TUE 18-FEB

Los Angeles, California

Embark

5:00 pm

WED 19-FEB

AT SEA

Cruising

THU 20-FEB

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Tendered

7:30 pm

FRI 21-FEB

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Tendered

10:00 pm

SAT 22-FEB

AT SEA

Cruising

SUN 23-FEB

Manzanillo, Mexico

Docked

7:00 am

3:00 pm

MON 24-FEB

Zihuatanejo (Ixtapa), Mexico

Tendered

8:00 am

TUE 25-FEB

AT SEA

Cruising

WED 26-FEB

Huatulco, Mexico

Docked

8:00 am

THU 27-FEB

AT SEA

Cruising

FRI 28-FEB

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Docked

6:00 am

SAT 1-MAR

Acajutla, El Salvador

Docked

6:30 am

2:00 pm

SUN 2-MAR

San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

Tendered

9:00 am

6:00 pm

MON 3-MAR

Caldera, Costa Rica

Docked

7:00 am

TUE 4-MAR

Caldera, Costa Rica

Debark

I hope this information is helpful and once again, thanks for your valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

We also have a similar query. We arrive in Cabo on 26th January at 6pm We need to be on shore or 8am on the 26th January for our private tour. Is it possible to asserts in when the tenders will commence on the 26th so we can be assured we can make our tour.

Thanks Bill

Vicki Brown

Hello Vicki -

As we learned in the response to "Taxjam" concerning Cabo on the February 18, 2014 voyage, ship's tender times are announced onboard, typically they start early, but that is determined onboard by the ship staff.

Once again, our itinerary planner believes that there should be no problem to have a tender around 7:00 AM in Cabo on January 26; however, it is important you check with the shore excursion concierge onboard to reconfirm when they start tender service in the morning.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked this cruise today. First time with Azamara, but have Discovery Level status due to being Elite on Celebrity. Does Azamara have a priority tender pass for the high tier of their loyalty club?

No. Tender policies are the subject of another thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1941921

But we found there was no problem getting off when you want to.