Another Visa Point Question

Big_G

Just cashed out 165,000 points on Monday for my Allure cruise but only $150 showed up on the reservation. Should I expect the other $1500 to show up eventually or should I be calling to find out where it is? I've dealt with segmented refunds from RCI before so I wasn't sure if I would be jumping the gun by calling.

Just cashed out 165,000 points on Monday for my Allure cruise but only $150 showed up on the reservation. Should I expect the other $1500 to show up eventually or should I be calling to find out where it is? I've dealt with segmented refunds from RCI before so I wasn't sure if I would be jumping the gun by calling.

It looks like you've still got a couple of weeks before final payment, so I'd give it another week before calling.

It looks like you've still got a couple of weeks before final payment, so I'd give it another week before calling.

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure if they were as bad at applying points as they were with their refunds. Thankfully Accounting doesn't run ship operations. :eek:

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure if they were as bad at applying points as they were with their refunds. Thankfully Accounting doesn't run ship operations. :eek:

Please report back, I'd like to know how it turns out.:)

I am assuming you cashed in 150k for $1,500 OBC? If you just did it Monday I would give it a few more days. They do work on those closest to final payment before those that have sailings further out.

BonVoyage

Dawna

The funny part is I actually cashed in 165,000 all at once so it should be $1650 but only the $150 appeared and reasonably quick. :confused: But like I said, I've actually received refunds that didn't come all at once so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned.

Please report back, I'd like to know how it turns out.:)

On Monday I called RCI Rewards and had a nice conversation with Emma explaining my dilemma. She saw the point deduction and took my cell phone number promising to find the points. On Tuesday (today), I received a call back. Emma said that at a certain point threshold, applying them to a reservation needs to be approved by a supervisor and unfortunately, the supervisors have been bogged down with the recent website upgrade and resulting issues. She said they should be applied within one week. I sit here chuckling because they lost $1000 in deposits for this same reservation that took them one and a half months and an email to Adam Goldstein to track down in their system. :D:o

I'm beginning to think the cruise gods want me to cancel. :eek:

The funny part is I actually cashed in 165,000 all at once so it should be $1650 but only the $150 appeared and reasonably quick. :confused: But like I said, I've actually received refunds that didn't come all at once so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned.
Guess I learn something new every day, didn't know you could cash in 165,000 in one transaction, thought it had to be one for 15k and one for 150k. :confused: Gotta catch up on these new rules so I can cash in the last 125k of mine sometime soon since we abandon the card with the new changes. Had been saving up for the Oasis 2015 free cruise but now that ain't gonna happen :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Guess I learn something new every day, didn't know you could cash in 165,000 in one transaction, thought it had to be one for 15k and one for 150k. :confused: Gotta catch up on these new rules so I can cash in the last 125k of mine sometime soon since we abandon the card with the new changes. Had been saving up for the Oasis 2015 free cruise but now that ain't gonna happen :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks. Actually the cash out process is in increments but its one transaction. we selected three 50K increments and one 15K and submitted them. There were other increments but I don't remember what they were. When our receipt popped up it basically said 50,000 (3) and 15,000 (1) for a total of 165,000.

As for your Oasis cruise, I wasn't too happy either but we had already booked Allure. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for these points we wouldn't have returned to the Allure to try a Grand Suite. You can still use the points toward your reservation. You just don't get the 'free' cabin.

Archived