Summer 2015 Itineraries

All the Western Med ports that have a long term schedule now have Dream and/or IE listed. No Eastern Med ports have long term schedules so can't check for ships in this area unfortunately.

But, still no ships scheduled in any Northern Europe port, and by now they usually are. I think it could well be no more ex-UK after next year. Perhaps if they're getting a ship built, this will be Spirit's replacement, but aren't replacing Spirit after its lease ends for now, thus down to a three ship fleet. Or perhaps they're still finalising a deal on a newer ship, but as it's not completed they can't book any ports yet. :confused:

On the other cruise forum, I've seen a few posts where people have heard that no Thomson ship will be going from Harwich or Newcastle in 2015. Perhaps there is some truth in it. Will keep checking the schedules regularly to see if any appear.

Edited by Sailaway487

That would be quite new for Thomson, but I am surprised HA are ready to lease her

Sweby

HAL are getting a new ship in 2015, and it did seem to suggest it would be a replacement of older tonnage they would let go. Rumour has it all S class HAL ships are for sale at the right price, but so far no interest for them.

But, still no ships scheduled in any Northern Europe port, and by now they usually are. I think it could well be no more ex-UK after next year. Perhaps if they're getting a ship built, this will be Spirit's replacement, but aren't replacing Spirit after its lease ends for now, thus down to a three ship fleet. Or perhaps they're still finalising a deal on a newer ship, but as it's not completed they can't book any ports yet. :confused:

On the other cruise forum, I've seen a few posts where people have heard that no Thomson ship will be going from Harwich or Newcastle in 2015. Perhaps there is some truth in it. Will keep checking the schedules regularly to see if any appear.

Thomson had a year off the UK departures in 2011 when Spirit did the Adriatic + Agean from Corfu so perhaps there is not enough demand for a UK season every year.

M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Galaxy has confirmed on another forum that Thomson will NOT be returning to cruising from the UK in 2015.

Looks like 2015 will be the choice of the Med, the Med and oh yes the Med. Let's hope they offer something new and different then, a new home port perhaps somewhere.

Edited by Sailaway487

Galaxy has confirmed on another forum that Thomson will NOT be returning to cruising from the UK in 2015.

Looks like 2015 will be the choice of the Med, the Med and oh yes the Med. Let's hope they offer something new and different then, a new home port perhaps somewhere.

That's extremely disappointing. But I suppose they need to keep their planes full.

I posted this on 8th July 2012. I was told by a Thomson Manager on a ship's visit to Spirit.

" One thing we were told was that 2013 would be the last year for Thomson cruise ships to leave the Tyne."

So only a year out! :rolleyes:

I posted this on 8th July 2012. I was told by a Thomson Manager on a ship's visit to Spirit.

" One thing we were told was that 2013 would be the last year for Thomson cruise ships to leave the Tyne."

So only a year out! :rolleyes:

I thought I remembered you saying something last year when you went on a visit. Looks like there was always plans then to pull out of ex-UK soon. Mustn't be making them enough profit compared to the fly-cruises.

Edited by Sailaway487

I thought I remembered you saying something last year when you went on a visit. Looks like there was always plans then to pull out of ex-UK soon. Mustn't be making them enough profit compared to the fly-cruises.

Could it be combined with the loss of Spirit?

Oh well, I'll just have to decide which one I most want to go on next year.

I must admit I'm not overly excited by 3, possibly 4, ships in the Med. It could be the time of year though. I have Christmas comming out of my ears so cruising isn't high on my agenda at the moment.:( I can't even be bothered to get the new brochure.

Just been looking at the repositioning cruises, and it seems to confirm Dream going from Palma and Majesty from Corfu. Currently, Celebration's cruise finishes in Tenerife, so perhaps it could be doing cruises in the summer around the Canaries? But it does finish its cruise in Tenerife in April, so perhaps not?

Spirit is leaving its repositioning cruise quite late, staying in Limassol till 29th April, so maybe it will stay there? Or perhaps could they put an additional ship going from Marmaris or Corfu?

Hiya

Re the 2015 ports of call, can someone keep an eye open for Canakkale, as I really want to go and see Grandad again, and in 2015 it will be 100 years since Gallipoli. Thanks :D

No schedules around here currently. :( Will keep a look out though, just in case. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update from what I've found:

Thomson Dream

Should be doing 4 x 7 night itineraries. From the schedules this is what I've found:

Moorish Delights

Palma Mallorca - At Sea - Gibraltar - ? - ? - ? - Valencia - Palma Mallorca

I think the port before Valencia will probably be Almeria (has been in the past), and I'm guessing there will be one/two Moroccan ports. Wouldn't mind seeing Ceuta being added here.

Med 1

Palma Mallorca - At Sea - Calvi - Civitavecchia (Rome) - Livorno (Florence & Pisa) - ? - Barcelona - Palma Mallorca

? most likely Toulon.

Med 2

Palma Mallorca - At Sea - Olbia - ? - Civitavecchia (Rome) - Ajaccio - Palamos - Palma Mallorca

? most likely Naples/Sorrento.

Med 3

Palma Mallorca - At Sea - Villefranche - ? - ? - ? - Barcelona - Palma Mallorca

I think one ? will be a new port of Elba, an island of Tuscany. Would guess Livorno will make an appearance, and possibly Corsica.

Thomson Majesty

Italian Flavours itinerary is returning, and increasing to 4 sailings: 05 June, 24 July, 04 September, 16 October.

Corfu Town - At Sea - Trapani - Civitavecchia - Naples - ? - ? - Corfu Town

Will keep on looking for anything else. :)

• 1 month later...

SOME BIG NEWS COMING!!!! Well, not that big, but definitely some news that is going to please quite a lot of people, me included!!!

Keep a check on my blog this afternoon (out and about at the moment so can't yet do a proper post and I want to check that all the information is correct first) and I will unveil all. Let's just say, I now know where (roughly) each ship is going to be sailing, and there ARE going to be some changes.

Keep refreshing my blog! :D:D