Summer 2015 Itineraries

Interesting reading sailaway, thank you. Just a shame they didn't change their minds on Ex Uk cruises. :mad:

I thinks its a dead certain now that ex-UK cruises are dropped. A shame, but with more Adriatic options, hopefully it might make up for it. Will see when the itineraries are released.

Thanks, Sailaway. I am a bit disappointed that there will be no ex UK next year as I had my eye on one of the itineraries which we couldn't do this year due to a family wedding.

I am happy, however, with the possibility of more options in the Adriatic, Aegean and Black Sea, all areas we would like to see more of :)

Edited by Little Nell

Thanks, Sailaway. I am a bit disappointed that there will be no ex UK next year as I had my eye on one of the itineraries which we couldn't do this year due to a family wedding.

I am happy, however, with the possibility of more options in the Adriatic, Aegean and Black Sea, all areas we would like to see more of :)

If they're increasing the Eastern Med, hopefully with more itineraries, it could mean more 14 night Black Sea cruises! Hoping so anyway.

Fantastic Sailaway! :D Not only got the info but provided us with a very detailed and perceptive resume of the possibilities given timings, port schedules, distances from port etc etc. Are you a detective in real life? :D If so I'm sure you're excellent at your job!

You've certainly given us plenty of food for thought but I am quite excited about the increase in the Eastern Med as it's an area we have loved visiting although like Little Nell I'm a bit disappointed with the demise of the ex-UK sailings. (Just need another ship!)

Is the issue of the number of Greek crew still an issue for Corfu because that could militate against Celebration going there? And what about Crete - might there be a similar problem - or have those problems melted away in the context of more pressing financial needs to maintain the tourist industry and not put obstacles in the way?

But the prospect of more Black Sea and potentially 14-night cruises is very appealing. Of course the itineraries will determine demand for the Eastern Med cruises but it will be interestingto see if there is any or much price variation between the ships too which might give us a clue to their popularity. :rolleyes: :)

Edited by kruzseeka

Fantastic Sailaway! :D Not only got the info but provided us with a very detailed and perceptive resume of the possibilities given timings, port schedules, distances from port etc etc. Are you a detective in real life? :D If so I'm sure you're excellent at your job!

You've certainly given us plenty of food for thought but I am quite excited about the increase in the Eastern Med as it's an area we have loved visiting although like Little Nell I'm a bit disappointed with the demise of the ex-UK sailings. (Just need another ship!)

Is the issue of the number of Greek crew still an issue for Corfu because that could militate against Celebration going there? And what about Crete - might there be a similar problem - or have those problems melted away in the context of more pressing financial needs to maintain the tourist industry and not put obstacles in the way?

But the prospect of more Black Sea and potentially 14-night cruises is very appealing. Of course the itineraries will determine demand for the Eastern Med cruises but it will be interestingto see if there is any or much price variation between the ships too which might give us a clue to their popularity. :rolleyes: :)

In terms of Greek homeporting, restrictions have lifted (or certainly aren't as strict) now. Fraser mentioned it on the Q&A how the restrictions that were in previously that had caused issues were no longer applicable.

I did read an article a few months back about how many cruise lines, since the lift of restrictions, were looking at Crete as a homeport, and TUI was mentioned in it. Presumed at the time that it mean TUI Cruises in Germany, but it looks like they aren't homeporting there, so maybe this did mean Thomson?

Looking at Thomson Celebration's current prices for itineraries for this summer, I think a radical rethinking of itineraries must be needed, as prices are very low! £1,400 I saw the other day for a 7 night cruise for two in July on Celebration. I guess Egypt will be out of the picture again for next year?

Hopefully they might look at more 14 night Black Sea cruises, something different with this Adriatic cruise, and maybe more Greek isle cruises to some lesser known islands. Quite excited about next years offerings now.

Still a shame about no ex-UK cruises, but I wonder if in the longterm an additional ship is planned? Have a couple of years with the ships in the homeports currently (plus wherever the new one is), then with an additional ship, go back to doing ex-UK cruises also like they did last time once Dream was in the fleet?

just glad another chance to adriatic on a better ship , would not go on majesty again

Was looking at doing the Adriatic on the Majesty this year, but will wait now to see what is being offered for next summer first. If the itinerary on Celebration is good, then will pick that one. Favourite ship and favourite area to cruise for 2015. :D

Was looking at doing the Adriatic on the Majesty this year, but will wait now to see what is being offered for next summer first. If the itinerary on Celebration is good, then will pick that one. Favourite ship and favourite area to cruise for 2015. :D

we had a good time on the celebration the other week, and love the adriatic

We will be on our TA on the 24th April - do they have the new brouchures on board or just emailed photo-copies. Also do they tend to offer a "good" price or is it better to wait to return home and shop around. We hope to do a Western Med 2 weeks if an intresting itinerary with some new ports. Haven't cruised this area for 12 years and would like to go back. Any ideas of any new ports yet ?

We will be on our TA on the 24th April - do they have the new brouchures on board or just emailed photo-copies. Also do they tend to offer a "good" price or is it better to wait to return home and shop around. We hope to do a Western Med 2 weeks if an intresting itinerary with some new ports. Haven't cruised this area for 12 years and would like to go back. Any ideas of any new ports yet ?

Doesn't look like there is to be many changes on the Western Med front for 2015. From what I can find, there will be 4 itineraries that will look something like this:

Itinerary 1

Palma - At Sea - Calvi - Civitavecchia (Rome) - Livorno (Florence & Pisa) - ? maybe Toulon? - Barcelona - Palma

Itinerary 2

Palma - At Sea - Olbia - ? maybe Sorrento/Naples - Civitavecchia (Rome) - Ajaccio - Palamos - Palma

Itinerary 3

Palma - At Sea - Villefranche - Elba - ? - ? - Barcelona - Palma

Moorish Delights

Palma - At Sea - Gibraltar - ? - ? - ? - Valencia - Palma

Most likely have Casablanca, Tangier, Almeria, or something like that...

Sailing: 09 May, 20 Jun, 15 Aug, 26 Sep

Still a lot of question marks that need filling in, but this is what I can find. At the moment, the only new port that is cropping up is Elba, an island of Tuscany. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for quiek reply. Yes itinerary 3 looks intresting it would be great to see some diifferant Italian ports. Calvi would also be nice if it would be possible to b2b 1 & 3. We will have to wait and see

Done a blog post about next summers itineraries, and everything that I have found:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/thomson-cruises-summer-2015-what-to-expect/

That's it now from what I can find. Will be nothing now I expect till a week or so before the launch. My work here is done for another year. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the blog post:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/italy-croatia-montenegro-for-thomson-celebrations-2015-itineraries/

Celebration's 2015 itineraries will include Messina, Brindisi, Split and Kotor.

Look's like it will be operating two different Adriatic itineraries too, alongside the one on Majesty.

Edited by Sailaway487

Here's the blog post:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/italy-croatia-montenegro-for-thomson-celebrations-2015-itineraries/

Celebration's 2015 itineraries will include Messina, Brindisi, Split and Kotor.

Look's like it will be operating two different Adriatic itineraries too, alongside the one on Majesty.

I am surprised about Brindisi, which was dropped very quickly from Majesty's itineraries due to poor reviews :confused:

I am surprised about Brindisi, which was dropped very quickly from Majesty's itineraries due to poor reviews :confused:

I thought that too. However, it is apparently only docking from 13:00 to 18:00??? Only 5 hours in a port seems strange to me!!