Summer 2015 Itineraries

Although I don't think two ships need to be in the Adriatic it seems as if there may be some good itineraries.

Celebration will also be able to go to Venice, won't it?

It could, but I have a feeling it won't be. The calls in Split would hint that it could be going to/from Venice, but it is due to call in Split at 08:00, and usually, if it has come from Venice, it does so at 10:00.

I'm wondering, with the new restrictions in Venice, they've had to reduce the number of sailings on Majesty for it, so as a result have increase the number of Adriatic itineraries to other ports to compensate for this? Just a theory though.

It could, but I have a feeling it won't be. The calls in Split would hint that it could be going to/from Venice, but it is due to call in Split at 08:00, and usually, if it has come from Venice, it does so at 10:00.

I'm wondering, with the new restrictions in Venice, they've had to reduce the number of sailings on Majesty for it, so as a result have increase the number of Adriatic itineraries to other ports to compensate for this? Just a theory though.

Unless the Celebration is going somewhere else before Split.

Here's the blog post:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/italy-croatia-montenegro-for-thomson-celebrations-2015-itineraries/

Celebration's 2015 itineraries will include Messina, Brindisi, Split and Kotor.

Look's like it will be operating two different Adriatic itineraries too, alongside the one on Majesty.

Intetesting- and thank you again sailaway for your insight and the research you do on our behalf. :)

Does sound like two Adriatic based itineraries. Not a bad move as I don't think there is much doubt about the popularity of the Adriatic ports - the possible change from Marmaris as a base port throws up some questions though. Will it still figure as a destination on one itinerary along with some Greek Islands? It would seem to be a pity to lose that area. I wondered if they may look at Thessaloniki and Sciathos which they did once include but then changed but that could be an interesting new inclusion especially if built into an overnight in Istanbul. I'd fancy that! But that's very speculative!

We went to Brindisi on one Adriatic itinerary. It didn't prove popular so they substituted somewhere else -perhaps Kotor after a couple of visits. That did prove popular! What I would recommend if Brindisi is included would be a trip to Alberobello which was charming with its conical shaped roofs.

It will be very interesting to see how Spirit is to be deployed. Do you think all three are sailing around the Adriatic/Aegean?

Edited by kruzseeka

Intetesting- and thank you again sailaway for your insight and the research you do on our behalf. :)

Does sound like two Adriatic based itineraries. Not a bad move as I don't think there is much doubt about the popularity of the Adriatic ports - the possible change from Marmaris as a base port throws up some questions though. Will it still figure as a destination on one itinerary along with some Greek Islands? It would seem to be a pity to lose that area. I wondered if they may look at Thessaloniki and Sciathos which they did once include but then changed but that could be an interesting new inclusion especially if built into an overnight in Istanbul. I'd fancy that! But that's very speculative!

We went to Brindisi on one Adriatic itinerary. It didn't prove popular so they substituted somewhere else -perhaps Kotor after a couple of visits. That did prove popular! What I would recommend if Brindisi is included would be a trip to Alberobello which was charming with its conical shaped roofs.

It will be very interesting to see how Spirit is to be deployed. Do you think all three are sailing around the Adriatic/Aegean?

I think if there were three ships we would all be able to afford a balcony cabin with the reductions which would have to be made!:D

Intriguing!! What about Spirit then?

It does look like all three will be doing Adriatic/Aegean, or perhaps Majesty and Celebration around Adriatic/Aegean and Spirit more Aegean/Black Sea. I don't think that Marmaris will be lost though as a homeport, but probably a bit of a redo of itineraries from here.

I would think Spirit will probably take over Celebration's itineraries from Marmaris. Seems to be the most likely, as it is in this area after its cruises from Limassol in April.

You have a brilliant crystal ball!!! :D :D

I've had to edit my comment now because it looked equally as silly as my Split comment. I knew what I meant :eek: No-one else did :confused: :D Will quit before I make any more gaffes ;)

Edited by Little Nell

2nd blog post today:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/thomson-celebration-to-dock-in-venice-and-trieste-in-2015/

Celebration will dock in Venice and Trieste in 2015.

So, Adriatic itinerary 1: Messina - Brindisi - Kotor

Adriatic itinerary 2: Venice - Trieste - ? - Split

More interesting questions from your blog sailaway. Well if both Celebration and Majesty home port in Corfu with departures on the same day of the week it would provide some interesting possibilities in terms of b2b! One week on one ship and one on the other!

Although I don't think two ships need to be in the Adriatic it seems as if there may be some good itineraries.

Celebration will also be able to go to Venice, won't it?

The Adriatic is a very popular itinerary and I wouldn't mind doing it again with a few different ports of call. Although I loved the Caribbean ports as a winter destination, I still prefer the Adriatic ports overall.

More interesting questions from your blog sailaway. Well if both Celebration and Majesty home port in Corfu with departures on the same day of the week it would provide some interesting possibilities in terms of b2b! One week on one ship and one on the other!

Now that would be interesting to do! :D

I'm wondering though whether Majesty now might be going elsewhere? Reposition to Corfu, then on to somewhere else with Celebration doing Corfu itineraries.

Very confused. :confused: :confused:

With the itinerary looking like Venice - Trieste - ? - Split, I bet the ? will be the return of Rovinj! I think with Majesty, Rovinj couldn't be used, but I think Celebration could tender there.

Would be very interested in this itinerary if that was the case! :)

Edited by Sailaway487

With the itinerary looking like Venice - Trieste - ? - Split, I bet the ? will be the return of Rovinj! I think with Majesty, Rovinj couldn't be used, but I think Celebration could tender there.

Would be very interested in this itinerary if that was the case! :)

I think these itineraries are shaping up very nicely, and if other ships can't sail into Venice will be very popular.

I dread to think of the price for 14 nights though.:eek:

I've had to edit my comment now because it looked equally as silly as my Split comment. I knew what I meant :eek: No-one else did :confused: :D Will quit before I make any more gaffes ;)

It's OK I knew what you meant too, Nell.

I just had visitors and had to disappear for a while or I would have kept the conversation up.:)

This is great info, Sailaway. Thanks so much for all your efforts,

If the Celebration is going to Trieste from Venice then that should mean a late sail from Venice given the short distance to be covered, allowing people to have more time to spend in Venice :)