Just out of curiosity

cocacola86

I'll take a stab at this. Carnival Cruise lines does not own Princess. Carnival Corporation owns many cruise lines which Princess is one. They are each run independently of each other so I would say no your Carnival number will not work. I will leave it to other Carnival Cruise line guests to verify.

I'll take a stab at this. Carnival Cruise lines does not own Princess. Carnival Corporation owns many cruise lines which Princess is one. They are each run independently of each other so I would say no your Carnival number will not work. I will leave it to other Carnival Cruise line guests to verify.

You of course are correct in that Carnival Corporation & PLC, a publicly held corporation, owns 11 individual cruise line brands with over 100 ships. Each brand is operated independently of the other 10 brands. They do not honor each others loyalty programs.

One of their brands, Costa, was in the news when the captain ran the Costa Concordia aground in the Mediterranean.

In the US they hold Carnival, Princess, Holland America and Seaborn.

You of course are correct in that Carnival Corporation & PLC, a publicly held corporation, owns 11 individual cruise line brands with over 100 ships. Each brand is operated independently of the other 10 brands. They do not honor each others loyalty programs.

There is ONE thing that is interchangeable as a result of Carnival Corp. owning all these lines - any points earned on the credit cards can be used on ANY of the cruise lines, no matter what Cruise Line card it is (ie. we are using Carnival Fun points on Princess, same value on this cruise line as on Carnival).

Archived