Crown Princess Staerooms

wf083145

We are currently booked on Celebrity a Reflection in March but just got an opportunity to attend an industry seminar on Crown Princess on 2/8/14 cruise. It's been a Lon time since our last Princess cruise and have some questions.

I looked at the Princess web site and saw prices for regular and premium balcony staterooms. Can anyone explain the difference, other than the cost?

Deck 10 - Caribe deck, balconies are almost twice the size of a standard balcony. 1/2 covered by the balcony above and 1/2 open , the cabin itself is the same size. I think the Caribe has 4 chairs, and a small table. we enjoy the caribe, but on some voyages/dates they are a lot more expensive - however some trips they are the same price.

We are currently booked on Celebrity a Reflection in March but just got an opportunity to attend an industry seminar on Crown Princess on 2/8/14 cruise. It's been a Lon time since our last Princess cruise and have some questions.

I looked at the Princess web site and saw prices for regular and premium balcony staterooms. Can anyone explain the difference, other than the cost?

Can you tell me something about your industry seminar? Will it be a large group? What industry? We are booked on this cruise and it would be fun to see who is also going to get warm with us!

Thanks!

Don't get concerned about the designation premium. All balcony category cabins have the same interior and the same amenities. The only difference is location on the ship, locations that Princess feels can command a higher fare. Almost all balcony category cabins on Decks 10, 11, 12, 14 & 15 have balconies that are 9'x5'. Almost all balcony cabins on deck 10 have balconies that are 9'x9'. A few aft facing balcony cabins on decks 8, 9 and 11 have larger balconies. Also one cabin on deck 14 has a larger balcony. Take a look at the deck plans.

I just booked the Crown for Sept 20 last night. Originally I booked B723 which is Baja deck aft, category BD. I had looked at Caribe deck midship. Those staterooms are larger and cost more.

DH decided he wanted midship, so today we are switching to Baja deck, mid ship. Our TA said those are category BA and were listed at considerably higher cost. She will be calling to question that price, but the only difference is the location.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Archived