Anyone else dieting in anticipation?

kona_wahine

hubby and I both lost about 70-75 pounds before our cruise. Hubby gained about 10 of it back, but has already lost it in the last 2 weeks that we have been home. I had another trip right before our cruise, a reunion with all my sisters (our first time together since our mom's funeral 2 years ago) so there was quite a bit of drinking on that trip, and then the cruise, so I had gained back about 15-20 pounds between the 2 trips, but I think most of it was retained water. My feet had swelled up and I was just bloated and puffy almost all week so it was easy to get rid of that weight once we got home. And now I've lost all that weight and I'm a pound under what I was before the first trip :) so I'm back on track to losing some more.

Back in July, I made the decision to get healthy and change my lifestyle, not just diet, prior to our Labor Day b2b cruises. I lost 18 lbs. before I left. On board I thoroughly enjoyed the food on the ship, but all in moderation. And my big splurge was dessert EVERY night as well as a or two each day. After being gone for two weeks (10 days on the ship) I came home with the mindset that I would not be mad at myself if I had gained any weight back. Much to my surprise and happiness I went to my Dr.'s and weighed in and found out that I had not only not gained any weigh back but had actually lost an additional 6.7 lbs.:D So it is possible to cruise and reverse all of your hard work. We cruise again in April and my plan is to be just as successful and not have any regrets. I am now down 33.7 lbs and should be very close to my goal weight by then.

Best of luck to everyone that is trying to get healthier!

Greetings from a wet, soggy Plymouth, UK. Well done to all who have lost lbs. We are booked on Independence of the Seas next June for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Wife has lost 11 stones (154lbs) after a gastric bypass, and now she's got me at it.

I have set a target of losing a sack of spuds, 56lbs. Put a pound on this week so up to now I have lost 9lbs.

Given up chocolate, sweeteners in coffee, granary bread instead of white, no fried, semi skimmed instead of full cream milk, no takeaways, take my meals to work with me, normally a yoghurt, apple, and cereal bar.

Happy cruising

Ade

My DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on our 2/7/14 cruise. We are also going to renew our vows. I have been married twice and neither time wore a white gown. I'm going for it this time!! So, we have started loosing-began with a liquid diet but have modified it for our needs. My DH has had a stroke and does not always remember what he has eaten during the day-one reason why he over eats, then can't understand why. With the liquid diet it is set out. Anyway, he has lost 10-15 lbs and I have lost about 10. Still have a way to go before the big day.

Heres to all of you on the weight loss bandwagon, and may you have good luck without too much stress and cravings!! :):):)

Great job on the weight loss Dual

We are taking our first cruise in February celebrating our 35 years of marriage and are "attempting" to lose weight as well. I do great during the week but on the weekends it seems like I am always falling back. This weekend was bad, think more stress related eating. Not that I ate tons but just the wrong kind of things, fried shrimp and apple pie!! Does anyone have any strategies for weekend eating? The weather has turned much colder and now with daylight savings time, the evening walks are not as easy. I am bummed. Any tips?

Also, did you plan anything with the ship for vow renewal?

Thanks

Weekends are hard for me also because I go to WW and weigh in on Saturdays then feel like I can eat what I want on the weekend. Then on Monday you ask yourself why did I eat that stuff. I'm right back where I was. I had pizza on fFriday but ate a salad so I wouldn't eat so much pizza. Try to plan what your going to eat and eat the things you should before you eat the bad things and maybe you won't have so much room for the bad things.

That is exactly what I am asking myself. Such bad decisions but I never do in abundance. Like with the shrimp, I had 4 of them along with a salad but then you add in those dang yummy cheddar biscuits which I had two of. The night before was Olive Garden and I eat mostly the salad but the breadsticks were so soft with garlic salt I could not resist with one piece of Alfredo pizza. Bad again!

Yesterday I made an apple pie. Tis the season for those. (sigh)

This will NOT happen again !!

Great job on the weight loss Dual

We are taking our first cruise in February celebrating our 35 years of marriage and are "attempting" to lose weight as well. I do great during the week but on the weekends it seems like I am always falling back. This weekend was bad, think more stress related eating. Not that I ate tons but just the wrong kind of things, fried shrimp and apple pie!! Does anyone have any strategies for weekend eating? The weather has turned much colder and now with daylight savings time, the evening walks are not as easy. I am bummed. Any tips?

Also, did you plan anything with the ship for vow renewal?

Thanks

Yes, we do plan to renew our vows. I have never worn a white gown (this is my 2nd marriage), but I will this time. I have been pouring over websites with gowns. I am also going to buy an evening gown-flaming red!!!-to wear on our anniversary night, or at least one of the formal nights. I'm still working on my husband wearing a suit. He says he will, but I still have to get him in one. We are both waiting to see how much we lose-or possibly regain!!-before the deadline of buying them. I'm making more plans than I did for either wedding!!

I need to try to lose weight not only for my upcoming cruise in April but for my health and mental well being.

I have always been skinny but in the last 3 years I have gained 30lbs. My doctor tells me I am healthy and there are not medical reasons for my weight gain. I am still average but could lose some weight and tone up. I need to for my health if nothing else. I need support. I have no will power because I have never had to have any. I have found I am becoming a bit upset with myself due to the weight gain maybe even a bit depressed. I am not bragging about having been thin for 40 years of my life I am asking for support. It is really hard for anyone to have the will power to start a life style change in their diet.

My issues with eating is night time. I am not a breakfast eater and sometimes am not hungry until mid afternoon. I need to establish eating a light breakfast and a nice size lunch so I will not over do it for dinner.

I thought of the holidays as well. It's going to be torture to not eat what I want and be limited. After losing 25#, there is no way I am gaining any back when I have more to lose by cruise time in February

that's exactly whats going to keep me on the straight & narrow. We leave Jan 18 so it would be a disaster to gain back. I have a little black dress I want to wear.....

I need to try to lose weight not only for my upcoming cruise in April but for my health and mental well being.

I have always been skinny but in the last 3 years I have gained 30lbs. My doctor tells me I am healthy and there are not medical reasons for my weight gain. I am still average but could lose some weight and tone up. I need to for my health if nothing else. I need support. I have no will power because I have never had to have any. I have found I am becoming a bit upset with myself due to the weight gain maybe even a bit depressed. I am not bragging about having been thin for 40 years of my life I am asking for support. It is really hard for anyone to have the will power to start a life style change in their diet.

My issues with eating is night time. I am not a breakfast eater and sometimes am not hungry until mid afternoon. I need to establish eating a light breakfast and a nice size lunch so I will not over do it for dinner.

I've had weight struggles my entire life. One diet after another. I'm over 40 lbs less than my highest, and I'm proud of that accomplishment. I was SO miserable. Couldn't even tie my shoes without holding my breath. Hated it!! I'm still overweight but feel better. I long to be thin, not sure if I could ever be thin...

Breakfast is something I've always skipped. The "experts" say that's the one meal you shouldn't skip. I try to eat a piece of toast with a small amount of peanut butter, or grab a granola bar. Just something.... Maybe a banana. I find easy is the best way to go for breakfast.

DH and I are in a bit of a competition. He will say he's hungry for chips. I tell him I'd be HAPPY to go buy him some!! lol, he knows better. It's playful competition, but seems to be working.

• 3 weeks later...
I've lost 15 lbs and DH has lost 18. I can't wait to try a Guys, have some warm chocolate melting cake, the fish and chips station, and the list goes on. :D I will have 5 days after the cruise before my weight watchers weigh in.

I work out, but I'm a bit too friendly with food. I have proven I can lose, but I have also proven I can gain as well. I just go up and down.

My father, in a thankfully non-judgemental way, warned me that people on cruises usually gain a bit. I'm guessing the ship is such that you'll want to see, do, and of course, eat everything. KInd of like Las Vegas syndrome (I think that's what it's called).

It was a very good warning, but now that makes my weight loss an even more frantic endeavor.

Ah, well. I'm 230 now. Iknow I cannot safely hit my norm of 188 lbs by late March , but if I have constant, and tangible, momentum in the new year until then, I will be thrilled.