Single man wanted!

Melli

Hi Maria!

From my experience I can say that it is just the first step which seems so difficult - once you have made that first step, that is book a cruise you like , everything seems easier....and then right on the first day of your cruise you will feel fantastic! Promise!

Happy cruising! Have a great day!

melli

Thanks Melli, we have a cruise scheduled already for February,May and October 2015. I have no idea how we are going to handle them yet but I don't want to cancel them. I guess we will see what happens between now and then.

-Maria

• 2 weeks later...
I been cruising solo the last six years in been on Norwegian sky bit enjoy myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

...yea, I was on the Sky some years ago and I also enjoyed myself - I think the Sky is great fun for a great price!

Have a great day!

melli

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, I am currently going through a divorce. I have several cruises booked over the next year. I cruise Carnival. I am not sure how it will all work out with these cruises and I am honestly afraid of cruising alone. You all seem so positive about it. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. I am a 47 yo female.

-Maria

------------------------------------------

Maria,

Divorce isn't fun, especially if there are children. Your first step is change your online name and go on from there. LOL. I agree with Melli. Although I haven't actually cruised solo, I did do my own thing and was practically solo on my January 2014 cruse on board Carnival Splendor. I went with my then 18 year old daughter and her friend. We had dinner together and bumped into each other at the dance clubs or in the shopping area, but otherwise I did my own thing and they did theirs. I met many people, some couples and some individuals but always had a great time. We had terrible weather that week so never actually ventured outside but I still had fun. You need to just do it. I posted on another board a question about actual "singles" cruises for older people but never got a response. I'm curious about them as I don't know anyone who's ever gone on one. Anyway, just fight your fears but be smart about safety. Good luck. Cheryl

Hello all! I will be taking my first solo cruise Feb 23 2014, Brilliance of the Seas from Tampa. Like others, a little nervous about going alone, but I think the need to get away, read a book or two will hopefully make the fears vanish once aboard the ship. The reservation is on hold, for now, and I just need to pull the trigger. There wasn't a meet up posted for this cruise yet, but wondering if anyone on here might be going? Did I choose the right ship/destination to go solo? Any advice? Thanks!

Hi All,

Well I have taken the plunge and booked myself on the Queen Victoria in November 2015 to celebrate my 50th.

This will be my first ever cruise and my first holiday as a solo, unless I get a weekend break away somewhere inbetween.

I am fairly nervous as I am not a natural conversationalist until I know someone quite well, but I have booked to be on a large dining table so I am hoping that will help me get started.

Hello everyone, Had to cancel 11.09.14 sailing of the Gem and now booked for the 15th. Im a single, straight white male 50 sailing solo, looking for other solos to hang with. Anyone else on this sailing please give me a shout.

Hello everyone, Had to cancel 11.09.14 sailing of the Gem and now booked for the 15th. Im a single, straight white male 50 sailing solo, looking for other solos to hang with. Anyone else on this sailing please give me a shout.

I wish I were but I am not cruising until next year now

-Maria

First, kudos to Melli for "manning" this thread for so long. My name is Jim. I'm 74 and, although married, have traveled single on two previous cruises and next month I'm doing a 10 night eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Equinox. My first cruise was an 11-night southern Caribbean cruise (loved Cartagena, Colombia) and the second cruise was a five-night western Caribbean with Celebrity. My favorite excursion was a guided motorcycle tour of Cozumel. Vroom. Vroom.

I load up my iPad with tv series I've heard were good and binge watch them in the coffee lounge, the library or my room. I also put a few good books on Kindle. I'm a big people watcher. I'm the type of person who is comfortable being alone. I don't need or want company. I like making my own decisions unlike in my married life. When I return home I know I've been missed. It's all good.

Edited by Wolfie469

First, kudos to Melli for "manning" this thread for so long. My name is Jim. I'm 74 and, although married, have traveled single on two previous cruises and next month I'm doing a 10 night eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Equinox. My first cruise was an 11-night southern Caribbean cruise (loved Cartagena, Colombia) and the second cruise was a five-night western Caribbean with Celebrity. My favorite excursion was a guided motorcycle tour of Cozumel. Vroom. Vroom.

I load up my iPad with tv series I've heard were good and binge watch them in the coffee lounge, the library or my room. I also put a few good books on Kindle. I'm a big people watcher. I'm the type of person who is comfortable being alone. I don't need or want company. I like making my own decisions unlike in my married life. When I return home I know I've been missed. It's all good.

Thanks, Jim!:) Very kind of you...

I love what you write about being comfortable alone...people watching is also one of my cruise favorites ;)....and while watching them I always can't help to feel that I am the only person on board who is really relaxed...:D;)

Happy Cruising!

melli

• 2 weeks later...

Hello meli! I'm a single man here age 31. I love to travel and usually go to a resort in Mexico. I don't travel nearly as much as I'd like to. It's hard to do single! And I'd rather go on a cruise with someone, not something I'd like to experience for the first time solo. I just wanted to say hello 👋

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Hello meli! I'm a single man here age 31. I love to travel and usually go to a resort in Mexico. I don't travel nearly as much as I'd like to. It's hard to do single! And I'd rather go on a cruise with someone, not something I'd like to experience for the first time solo. I just wanted to say hello 👋

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Hi Kevin!

Great to hear from you! You will meet many nice people to talk to on cruise ships or you can join a roll call here on these boards... I really enjoy getting to know someone on these boards and then perhaps have a coffee or dinner together on board a ship...

have a great day!

melli

• 2 weeks later...
...yea, I was on the Sky some years ago and I also enjoyed myself - I think the Sky is great fun for a great price!

Have a great day!

melli

I'm doing my first ever solo cruise on the Sky this coming Monday. It's a Christmas cruise and my first time sailing on NCL.. Glad to read you enjoyed yourself and the ship while you were on her. :D

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Melli, we have a cruise scheduled already for February,May and October 2015. I have no idea how we are going to handle them yet but I don't want to cancel them. I guess we will see what happens between now and then.

-Maria

Hi Maria,

I am a 46yo female, newly divorced, planning a solo cruise in Oct 2015 on the CCL Sunshine. Which ship will you be on in Oct 2015?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Maria,

I am a 46yo female, newly divorced, planning a solo cruise in Oct 2015 on the CCL Sunshine. Which ship will you be on in Oct 2015?

I guess I need to change my user name. I just realized what it was. I have the Splendor to bermuda booked but now I may need to push all of my cruises back. It is such an ordeal going through a divorce when you have all these future plans already booked. Steve and I will remain friends at least but I doubt I will ever cruise with him again.

-Maria

Going through a divorce is a terrible ordeal and only those of us who have in there can fully appreciate the issues. I also believed that when my husband and I first broke up we would remain friends. The reality of the divorce process, however, makes it improbable. The good news is you will survive it and eventually move on. If you have children, focus on them because their view of family will now be radically altered and they always suffer. You have a right to happiness and they do too. Good luck. You will survive and thrive!

Going through a divorce is a terrible ordeal and only those of us who have in there can fully appreciate the issues. I also believed that when my husband and I first broke up we would remain friends. The reality of the divorce process, however, makes it improbable. The good news is you will survive it and eventually move on. If you have children, focus on them because their view of family will now be radically altered and they always suffer. You have a right to happiness and they do too. Good luck. You will survive and thrive!

Thanks for this. Actually, this my second divorce. My first one was nasty. This one isn't so bad. We both have been through nasty and it makes it easier to stay civil. Whether we remain friends or not, only time will tell. Our kids are almost all grown. Youngest is 16. They all have mixed emotions and we have been working through. Steve and I still care about each other but Steve wants his freedom. If I would have read this a month ago, I would have said that it was very hard on me but I have since emotionally moved on. I have gained a social life separate from his and I am doing ok. Once our house is sold, I am moving south. We will see after that. Cruising will still remain a huge part of my life but it will be odd because I always went with him.

-Maria

Good luck Maria... I also went through a divorce and it's all good now. We even get along just fine and have a 7 yr old son. My first two cruises were with him, then a long break, then the next one was with a group of friends, and the last one was solo. It was good. I'm going in March as a single mom taking my son for his first cruise. Good luck to you!

Maria, my first divorce was easy because we were young. My second was the killer that cost me emotionally and financially because he's a divorce lawyer and knew every angle. The ten cruises I took were with him, starting with my first on our tenth anniversary, and most as a family with our young children. We were married 26 years. My first cruise as a single adult was with my youngest daughter and her friend. They were 18. It was very different but wonderful. I know you'll do well.

Edited by Nisky18