Temperature of Harrison's Cave

Casey2

We will be visiting Harrison's Cave on our upcoming cruise. Can someone tell me if it i necessary to wear a jacket in the cave. Years ago we visited another cave and it was very cool and they recommended wearing a jacket or sweatshirt.

We will be visiting Harrison's Cave on our upcoming cruise. Can someone tell me if it i necessary to wear a jacket in the cave. Years ago we visited another cave and it was very cool and they recommended wearing a jacket or sweatshirt.

According to their website, "The interior temperature is an average 27 degrees Celsius." (about 80*F), but most reviews I've read say it is a bit on the cool side. Whether you view this as a need for a sweater or an opportunity to cool off on a hot day depends on your personal comfort zone I imagine. Many visit in shorts and t-shirts with no complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

When we toured the caves last year, the temperature was quite comfortable, but water dripping on us occurred frequently and one viewpoint had an option of walking through almost a 'rainfall' of water for a different perspective, so a hat, light sweater or jacket is recommended if you are prone to feeling on the cooler side. Enjoy the caves; they are very well maintained and the tour guides are very knowledgeable.