Online check in another question!!

Gilbo

I couldn't find the information.

It has been 10 years since I sailed and I just want to make sure of the steps.

We did our online check-in today for our Christmas sailing on December 23, what are the next steps ?

Will I received any other documents other to print the sail pass ?

Thanks

We did our online check-in today for our Christmas sailing on December 23, what are the next steps ?

Thanks

Keep checking the online portal for your cruise documents. There will be a link to Cruise Documents that you can print in addition to set sail pass. Should be there at least a month before sailing.

At 49 days prior to sailing (so should be close) you will be emailed a notice that your set-sail pass is ready. This is a large 30-ish page document. It has your info, anything you reserved, any pre-post cruise travel vouchers (if you booked one though RCI), your itinerary, your luggage tag (print this page several times for how many you need, they no longer mail you luggage tags) and LOTS of legal stuff. It is good to read that stuff, but it is all size 3 font and there is a lot of it. You need to bring the packet with you to check in at the port. If you set up transportation to and from the pier, you may need to show them and give them the voucher. For us, about 50% of the time they don't even care to take the page.

You don't need to take that packet with you! If you have completed your on-line check in correctly, you need identification and credit card to board ship. The printed set-sail pass makes the whole process quicker (one sheet). I also selectively print other pages of the document--the page with airline ticket numbers and the one with the telephone number for contacting Royal on day of travel and, as mentioned above, the transfers if applicable.

Barb

you know, I just got my first smartphone like 2 weeks ago, and i never thought to do that! too bad i already printed them, but next time i will definitely do that. Thanks!

Oh, congrats on getting a smart phone. I never thought I'd use all the bells and whistles the way I do. Love it.

If you haven't already, do some reading here about phone settings while traveling outside the country, or you may get a big surprise in your phone bill. Many people have been unpleasantly surprised that they've been charged for things even without using the phone - just because they don't have the settings right. :eek:

Thanks

Your docs should be ready to print/save now. Go to My Cruises, click on your cruise, look on the right where it says Online Documentation. Under that, it should say "issued". Then there is a button to click on to access your docs. No need to print anything except your luggage tags, and your Set Sail Pass, which is a separate button on that page.