LAMBIE'S review of Nana's MAGIC Halloween cruise

LambKnuckles

Lambie, what a wonderful review. It was a great cruise. So nice to relive it through your review. It was ashame it rained our last sea day. Pictures were great! Sure wish you could join us on BC7 or our next cruise on the Dream next September.

Wishing you & Nana a wonderful holiday season. See ya on the other site. :)

THANK YOU!!! I loved seeing you and sharing this cruise!!!

I'd love to cruise on the SUNSHINE!!! I really would like it!!! But I've got the Triumph in January and will be great!!!

Thanksgiving went well -- we had turkey again tonight! :cool: And best wishes for you over the whole holiday season!!!

Wow! Loved it! First of all, Thank you for remembering our troops on Thanksgiving Day. I had to wipe a few tears. This is the second holiday season my son has been overseas and I'm not dealing with it too well. I just want to scream, "Army tough my ass! I want my son home!". I know he is doing his duty and I will be fine in a few days. Hate that the waterworks are so easily triggered right now.

Loved seeing the Magic again, brought back so many memories of our cruise on her in January. Found myself looking for familiar crew faces although they are likely on other ships now. The pictures from the ship in Cozumel look so much like mine, Conquest was docked next to us as well.

Thank you for the Build a Bear pictures. Thought I was going to get to do that if I booked Triumph in April. DH nixed that cruise yesterday. Said I was flying to Germany for Christmas and was taking my daughter and future daughter in law with me. Said he refused to put up with me crying through the holidays next year. :o Guess I'll just build one on my Liberty cruise instead.

God Bless you and your Son and your family!!! Thank you for his duty and your sacrifices!!! I can only imagine how tough it is with him away!!! May God constantly watch over him, staying close, with angel's wings shielding him in safety!!!

What a JOY for you!!! Seeing your son for Christmas... Germany for Christmas is GREAT!!! And the treat of seeing your son!!! WOW!!!! I have a sister in Europe and visiting her is a treat! Germany has so many fun and interesting places and sights! I'm sorry you miss a cruise -- but I think you'll balance the scales and know how wonderful it is!!!

If you need a critter before then -- let me know. I'll be on the Triumph and would be honored to send you one!!!

What a great review...loved the pictures. We will be on the Magic next week and I feel like I have had a little bit of a preview of what to expect.

I hope you're having a BLAST... or have you returned??? I pray you come back and tell us!!!

Love the name -- Nana 6... :)

http://gizmodo.com/windows-8-1-review-little-changes-make-a-big-differenc-1446625571

Check out that gizmodo article to see if maybe you should stop putting it off!

I don't know if you'll check back in to this thread arush5268d -- but I updated to 8.1 -- I'm getting used to it, but YES, it seems more familiar and easier!!!

Thank you for making me check it!!! :)

I'm glad I was late to the party..I got to enjoy the whole review at once. Great job Lambie! I enjoyed the cruise with you and your mom. Wonderful pictures. It is heart warming the way you care for your mother.

I've read several of your reviews and always enjoy them.

Happy sails!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I don't know if you'll check back in to this thread arush5268d -- but I updated to 8.1 -- I'm getting used to it, but YES, it seems more familiar and easier!!!

Thank you for making me check it!!! :)

Oh good, glad you are finding it better. I think they still need to improve some things but slow progress is better than no progress.

• 8 months later...

Hey Lambie, read your review (yea real late haha) and I'm seeing your going on a cruise again this Sunday, I'm cruising on the Magic for the 5th time in 2 weeks on September 21st, reading your review and seeing your Nana (my guess your mom? If I'm not mistaken) got me emotional due to she reminded me of my grandma. Reason being I was a grandma's boy lol she was my 2nd mother basically she raised me since I was a baby my mom worked (Love my mom tons just in case) my grandma made me food and everything I was the youngest of my other 2 brothers we are three in total. I LOVED HER, in one point we lived in a small house so I had to sleep with my grandma in her room, my other brothers shared a room and we shared moments talking and all.. She passed away last year June 13, 2013 Age of 91... What I didn't have and I wished I had was to know about cruising my first cruise was on 2011 on the Conquest, I wished she would of gone with us to one of them she couldn't anymore because she was already weak and to travel was always hard on her we did take her to South Padre Island few months before he passed we knew it was her last trip already but she LOVED IT... She was a beach lover and I know for a fact she would of loved Cruising, I just wished we would of known about cruising way earlier where she could of gone with us :( This is by far THE BEST review and your Nana inspires and gets me emotional, makes me think of my grandma, I will always cherish and treasure those memories they will never go away...

Thanks Lambie for this great review and I hope you and Nana have a great time on the magic this sunday 9/7/2014 wish I could meet you and your nana and give her a big hug!

• 1 month later...
Hey Lambie, read your review (yea real late haha) and I'm seeing your going on a cruise again this Sunday, I'm cruising on the Magic for the 5th time in 2 weeks on September 21st, reading your review and seeing your Nana (my guess your mom? If I'm not mistaken) got me emotional due to she reminded me of my grandma. Reason being I was a grandma's boy lol she was my 2nd mother basically she raised me since I was a baby my mom worked (Love my mom tons just in case) my grandma made me food and everything I was the youngest of my other 2 brothers we are three in total. I LOVED HER, in one point we lived in a small house so I had to sleep with my grandma in her room, my other brothers shared a room and we shared moments talking and all.. She passed away last year June 13, 2013 Age of 91... What I didn't have and I wished I had was to know about cruising my first cruise was on 2011 on the Conquest, I wished she would of gone with us to one of them she couldn't anymore because she was already weak and to travel was always hard on her we did take her to South Padre Island few months before he passed we knew it was her last trip already but she LOVED IT... She was a beach lover and I know for a fact she would of loved Cruising, I just wished we would of known about cruising way earlier where she could of gone with us :( This is by far THE BEST review and your Nana inspires and gets me emotional, makes me think of my grandma, I will always cherish and treasure those memories they will never go away...

Thanks Lambie for this great review and I hope you and Nana have a great time on the magic this sunday 9/7/2014 wish I could meet you and your nana and give her a big hug!

Now, I'M the late one reading this!!!

We had a BLAST on the cruise!!! And you're so right... it's very special to share and create memories of our "elders" with us. I'm sure your grandma would have LOVED cruising -- especially with you!!

What a blessing you had! I know the memories I have of my grammie as so special. Nana, my mom, has been in a wheelchair for much of my life, and grammie was the one who taught me to cook and sew and many things!!

I'm giving her a hug, today, from you!!! THANK YOU!!!

This was my honeymoon cruise! We were even in one of the pictures from Halloween. We were on the stage. Thanks for posting. It's so fun to see everything again and remember all the fun.

We'll be back on the Magic at Thanksgiving this year, this made me even more excited.

Sorry, I am LATE, LATE, LATE seeing this!! So, you were on stage... and on your honeymoon!!! OUTSTANDING!!!

Happy anniversary, late -- and have a FANTASTIC cruise for Thanksgiving!!!

Lambie, I am so glad this thread got bumped up as I somehow missed it last year. We brought the Magic over from Barcelona three years ago and your great review and super pictures brought it all back. We will be on her in about a month and it was so nice to reminisce.

I so enjoyed meeting you and Nana in the Platinum lounge last January before boarding the Triumph. We will be back on the Triumph in December.

I especially love your pictures. Just wondering what kind of camera you use to get such nice sharp pictures.

Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful reviews. :D

Joan

Lambie, I am so glad this thread got bumped up as I somehow missed it last year. We brought the Magic over from Barcelona three years ago and your great review and super pictures brought it all back. We will be on her in about a month and it was so nice to reminisce.

I so enjoyed meeting you and Nana in the Platinum lounge last January before boarding the Triumph. We will be back on the Triumph in December.

I especially love your pictures. Just wondering what kind of camera you use to get such nice sharp pictures.

Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful reviews. :D

Joan

Thank you Joan! I do remember!! The Triumph was a great cruise... I didn't do a review on that one, but have LOTS of photos!!! I just couldn't get my photos and the computer to let me post on CC.

Now I know how to do it... and I love writing these!!

I use a less expensive camera -- a Kodak HD model Easy Share Max 2990. It has it's limitations, but I get around some of that. My dream is a Canon EOS. I have one, about 8 years old, that isn't suto anything. I love it -- but it does take some setting and this Kodak has an auto setting turning it into a point and shoot, zoom lens 30X; 28-840mm. I got it for about $200.

Have a BLAST in December!!! I wish I was going!! I think we'll be taking a Triumph cruise in January, just before Nana's birthday!